June issue of What HiFi: Optical cable group test

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Couldnt agree more. Light it light, it either arrives or it doesnt. If something gets in the way, light cannot get through.

Obviously the quality of the glass is important, as tiny impurities can have a degrading effect. However any decently manufactured cable made to specifications should be up for the job.

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I have a vision where Forum Members run amok in the WHF Establishment whipping each other with cables - and the winner is.......

Just wanted to say enjoyed the Magazine today especially the Reader test and computer music. I might even subscribe.

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
I just wonder how many of the guys that claim these cables all sound the same have actually listened to any of the cables that were tested.Digital cables do sound different in the tests ive done at home.The differences are subtle but they do exist.

idc

Catcher:Your experience on a student newspaper isn't the issue. I suggest you google an organisation called Medialens if you would like an explanation of how structures and systems develop whereby newspapers and journalists operate to agendas that aren't always made explicit. For what it's worth though I have a post graduate qualification in an NCTJ approved journalism training programme and 4 years experience of working as a reporter/chief reporter for a newspaper and agency court reporting.

Catcher, another example of journalists resisting outside influences. I know someone who was convicted of a minor crime who offered money to the local newspaper not to publish his case in the court files. I also knew the journalist, who was furious that he sound have even attempted such a thing. I asked you before about when you were a journalist how did you react to advertisers trying to influence content, but no answer. So as a court reporter, what were the influences that were on you to try and affect how you reported cases?

I am going to google Medialens, but could you also show how that relates specifically to What Hifi and optical cables?

A

Anonymous

john dolan:I just wonder how many of the guys that claim these cables all sound the same have actually listened to any of the cables that were tested.Digital cables do sound different in the tests ive done at home.The differences are subtle but they do exist.

I couldn't agree more, after all, in the face of all the scientific evidence I frequently happen across Psychics on freeview channels who get in touch with dead people and give comfort to grieving relatives by telling them their loved ones are watching over them. In exactly the same way as you they will tell doubters they don't give a hoot what the scientists cynics say as they know it was only their old Bert who knew they liked a cheese sandwich for supper. I'm happy for you that in the face of all the available evidence you can hear a difference and it's money well spent. Just like I'm happy for all the grieving relatives and fundamentalist Christians who take refuge in the strange powers conferred on mystics and shamans.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
john dolan:Science says a bee cant fly.

Not for about 70 years they haven't. That was only when science had a fundamental misunderstanding of how bumblebee flight dynamics work.

Teleporters!

Oh, no wait, I mean anti-gravity belts, tiny ones.

It's spiders that have teleportation devices, as ani fule no.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts