I’ve been at it again!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
There's nothing like a free and effective fix.

Not free but almost so is to place one of those 1kg round stainless steel/rubber doorstoppers on top of each speaker.

Aldi is your friend.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I wouldn’t unless it’s obvious something is rattling. They may be tightened to a tolerance with a lock nut etc. You don’t go around tightening your sink if it’s not leaking.....

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
https://www.norbar.com/en-in/News-Events/Blog/entryid/438/Default

I got a high precision Norbar Torque Wrench for my bikes. Superb (!) Tool.

A bit overkill for tightening driver bolts every 5 years perhaps and not needed unless you are ham-fisted.

@ Quest ... I haven't listened to my sinks in ages. Must do.

QuestForThe13thNote said:
I wouldn’t unless it’s obvious something is rattling. They may be tightened to a tolerance with a lock nut etc. You don’t go around tightening your sink if it’s not leaking.....

funnily enough, it was a strange rattling noise that made me think of checking the drivers. Sounded a bit like sibilance, so, out came the Mint in Box Halfords tool kit (talk about overkill lol) and just nipped up the Allen bolts. And it appears to have worked.

Btw, the sink is fine, I did it last week. Sounds amazing.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
https://www.norbar.com/en-in/News-Events/Blog/entryid/438/Default

I got a high precision Norbar Torque Wrench for my bikes. Superb (!) Tool.

A bit overkill for tightening driver bolts every 5 years perhaps and not needed unless you are ham-fisted.

@ Quest ... I haven't listened to my sinks in ages. Must do.

You need a Russ Andrews plug to get the best out of it.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I put some acid down my sink to unblock it, and it does make a nice noise now as the water flows down. Lol.

D

Deleted member 108165

I put some acid down my sink to unblock it, and it does make a nice noise now as the water flows down. Lol.

I bet it was alkali...

Bah, Al beat me to it *dash1*

D

Deleted member 108165

bigfish786 said:
funnily enough, it was a strange rattling noise that made me think of checking the drivers. Sounded a bit like sibilance, so, out came the Mint in Box Halfords tool kit (talk about overkill lol) and just nipped up the Allen bolts. And it appears to have worked.

Btw, the sink is fine, I did it last week. Sounds amazing.

Doesn't Russ Andrews do a hi-fi tool kit and torque wrench for £500? *biggrin*

Joking aside I seem to remember that Monitor Audio suggest checking the tension on their driver mounting bolts yearly, in the user manual.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I put some acid down my sink to unblock it, and it does make a nice noise now as the water flows down. Lol. 

Try toeing in your taps by a few degrees it will open up the soundstage from your plug.
Even my wife noticed the difference.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Gaz37 said:

Try toeing in your taps by a few degrees it will open up the soundstage from your plug. Even my wife noticed the difference.

I love my taps. I’m a big fan of valves.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Gaz37 said:
I put some acid down my sink to unblock it, and it does make a nice noise now as the water flows down. Lol. 

Try toeing in your taps by a few degrees it will open up the soundstage from your plug. Even my wife noticed the difference.

I love my taps. I’m a big fan of valves.

Mine have ceramic valves.

Are they audiophile taps?

Can't be, they only cost £89 lol

unfortunately not, no PP.

when i spoke to them, the day after i ordered it, they told me they were expecting a delivery in the middle of the month, so i'm probably going to be looking at getting it the third week of January (with any luck) . i'm sure it will be worth the wait.

plastic penguin said:
Oh well, at least more positive news.

positive yes. But nothing specific.

I really missed not getting it this week as I’ve had the week off work. So I would have got to use it quite a lot.

my next hol is in four weeks time, so I plan on giving it a thorough workout then.

How are you finding the new Leema PP?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts