Heed Obelisk X2 - worth the money?

Heisenberg

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone on here try adding the external power supply unit (Obelisk X2) to his or her Obelisk Si amplifier?

Was the sonic upgrade it brought easily noticeable and worth the money spent? Looking at its electronic components, £730 seems like a lot of money for what's being offered here...

vollverstaerker_heed_audio_obelisk_si_bild_1326882843.jpg

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree it seems a lot of money for a decent power supply which I would have expected to be inc. on an amp of that price anyway. I think a lot depends on you, what volumes you play at, are you getting clipping etc. room size/speakers. I would consider other options, if you sold it what could you buy for £1,500-£2,000. Withe the build quality and reliablity issues with Heed I would look elsewhere. There seem to be some good used priced high end gear around reading other posts on here.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Heisenberg said:
Did anyone on here try adding the external power supply unit (Obelisk X2) to his or her Obelisk Si amplifier?

Was the sonic upgrade it brought easily noticeable and worth the money spent? Looking at its electronic components, £730 seems like a lot of money for what's being offered here...

vollverstaerker_heed_audio_obelisk_si_bild_1326882843.jpg

£730 for that is taking the proverbial :O

Personally I would look elsewhere for an amp with a proper decent power supply already built in :grin:

Heisenberg

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
BigH said:
Yes I agree it seems a lot of money for a decent power supply which I would have expected to be inc. on an amp of that price anyway. I think a lot depends on you, what volumes you play at, are you getting clipping etc. room size/speakers. I would consider other options, if you sold it what could you buy for £1,500-£2,000. Withe the build quality and reliablity issues with Heed I would look elsewhere. There seem to be some good used priced high end gear around reading other posts on here.

The Obelisk amplifier controls my KEF LS50 speakers without problem, so its output power is not an issue for me. However, I've read some online reviews of the amplifier claiming that the additional Heed PSU X2 improves the amplifier's overall performance; makes its sound more resolving, opens up the soundstage and bass becomes faster and tighter.

I completely agree that the quality power supply should have been included in the amplifier of that price in the first place, but regrettably, was not, and what's worse, it now costs the whopping £730.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts