Can this be done?

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My colleague asked me today if it is possible to stream music not to but from his hifi to a wireless speaker? I'm not fully clued up on streaming in general but as I understand it, you can only stream music from your computer or NAS to a hifi.

He's not interested in streaming from an internet service or storing music digitally. He would like to use the sources connected to his hifi in his lounge, i.e. cd player and turntable, and stream the music from them wirelessly to a speaker (e.g. sonos) in another room.

Is this possible? I assumed no without an output from the amplifier, but I'm really not clued up with this sort of stuff, even though I've got a streamer in my own hifi!!! *unknw*

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
stavvy said:
I assumed no without an output from the amplifier,

Well, yes, if it's a traditional, non-network amplifier than without some kind of output from the amp then no, you're not going to be able to do it. There aren't many amps without some kind of output though, so you could take a line out from the amp, plug it into the line-in on a Sonos Connect (or any other line-in equipped Sonos device) and that could then be sent to other Sonos speakers in the rest of the property.

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
ah ok, I didnt really know about line out from amplifiers ( you can tell I probably dont spend much time around the back of mine). I will read more into it and discuss it with him. Thanks both for your suggestions.

I will find out which amplifier he has and take it from there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts