Where/how do you listen to music the most?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
IMG-2503.jpg
How do your neighbors enjoy the tone from your Marshall and Fender amps? LOL
Is that a Pentax K1000 I see there?

Reactions: Revolutions

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I got it wrong by the way. It isn't If This Then That to access the NAS remotely it's FTP or SFTP. I remember falling at the first hurdle because to set up either of these you have to log into the Seagate Dashboard which I couldn't do as that is web based and on the cloud, a service that they had withdrawn.

I'm no IT wizard someone who is might be able to figure it out.
FTP = File Transfer Protocol.

I might be wrong but I don't think you need the Seagate Dashboard. I believe you can just download the FTP software on your desktop/laptop to access your NAS files remotely. FileZilla is free FTP software, below is the link to the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cricketbat70

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
FTP = File Transfer Protocol.

Ah, you don't Seagate Dashboard. I believe you can just download the FTP software on your desktop/laptop to access your NAS files remotely. FileZilla is free FTP software, below is the link to the site.

Thanks I'll give it a go.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
How do your neighbors enjoy the tone from your Marshall and Fender amps? LOL
Is that a Pentax K1000 I see there?
It’s an Olympus OM-1 😎

Between the hifi & the guitar amps I’m surprised no one has complained. The Marshall is connected to a load box & speaker sim, so I play it through the Adam monitors or headphones. How did you know it’s a fender amp? It’s only a Princeton, so is playable at fairly ok levels with an attenuator.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
It’s an Olympus OM-1 😎

Between the hifi & the guitar amps I’m surprised no one has complained. The Marshall is connected to a load box & speaker sim, so I play it through the Adam monitors or headphones. How did you know it’s a fender amp? It’s only a Princeton, so is playable at fairly ok levels with an attenuator.
Why do we all have these potentially expensive hobbies hi-fi, photography, etc.
One of these on its own would be enough. I do have A DSLR as well as my hi-fi and the type of photography I like to do (motor sport) the best lenses for it run into ££££'s. Needless to say I don't have the best lenses.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
It’s an Olympus OM-1 😎

I could spot a Fender amp. a mile off LOL
I just purchased a new Bad Cat Cub... only 30 watts but obviously it can still get really loud, however it sounds fabulous mic'd up at low volume for recording too.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I could spot a Fender amp. a mile off LOL
I just purchased a new Bad Cat Cub... only 30 watts but obviously it can still get really loud, however it sounds fabulous mic'd up at low volume for recording too.
Bad cat amps are awesome 🤩

I’ve used one in the studio with a tele. Boosted it with a Timmy- one of the nicest guitar sounds I’ve ever gotten.

Dom

Reactions: Jasonovich

Roog

May 20, 2016
Visit site
The answer to this for me used to be: "in the car" on my car stereo.

Since I started to work from home it is now a portable radio, only when I sit down at the weekends do I use the stereo.

Thinking about this a little more I would say that I listen to music more often in my head, I guess you might call them 'ear worms' but if streaming apps could tap into the number of times I hear some tunes in my head they would do rather better out of me than listening to Spotify or Qobuz :0)

Most recently I have had the 1944 tune 'Laura' running through my mind on repeat for weeks! A Youtuber analyzed the tune as sung by Frank Sinatra and it is now well and truly stuck in my head.

I do some times sit down at my keyboard and bash out a few old tunes for my own entertainment but due to my apathy the frequency of this ranks well below my use of the stereo.

Reactions: Cricketbat70

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
The answer to this for me used to be: "in the car" on my car stereo.

Since I started to work from home it is now a portable radio, only when I sit down at the weekends do I use the stereo.

Thinking about this a little more I would say that I listen to music more often in my head, I guess you might call them 'ear worms' but if streaming apps could tap into the number of times I hear some tunes in my head they would do rather better out of me than listening to Spotify or Qobuz :0)

Most recently I have had the 1944 tune 'Laura' running through my mind on repeat for weeks! A Youtuber analyzed the tune as sung by Frank Sinatra and it is now well and truly stuck in my head.

I do some times sit down at my keyboard and bash out a few old tunes for my own entertainment but due to my apathy the frequency of this ranks well below my use of the stereo.
It always amazes me how I can wake up with a song in my head that I haven't heard in years. Or be at work and again a song I haven't heard in years pops in my head. I'm there thinking where the hell as my brain dug that up from 😂

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm shocked, I didn't know you had such excellent taste. Elvis rocks around the clock!

I think we need to listen to the song....:)

View: https://youtu.be/G4VJ-SHJp4U?si=IzO9qgmQ5icLKEgQ

Chorus]
A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactionin' me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark
Close your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me
Satisfy me, baby

[Verse 1]
Baby, close your eyes and listen to the music
And dig to the summer breeze
It's a groovy night and I can show you how to use it
Come along with me and put your mind at ease

[Chorus]
Hey, a little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactionin' me
Shut your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me (Satisfy me)
Satisfy me, baby (Satisfy me)

[Verse 2]
Come on baby, I'm tired of talking
Grab your coat and let's start walking
Come on, come on (Come on, come on)
Don't procrastinate, don't articulate
Girl it's getting late, and you just sit and wait around

[Chorus]
A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
Shut your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me (Satisfy me)
Satisfy me baby (Satisfy me)
Satisfy me girl (Come on, come on, come on, come on)
Satisfy me (Come on, come on, come on, come on)
Satisfy me girl (Come on, come on, come on, come on)
Satisfy me (Satisfy me)
Satisfy me baby (Come on, come on, come on, come on)
Satisfy me (Satisfy me)

Last edited:

Leon74

Apr 8, 2024
Visit site
It always amazes me how I can wake up with a song in my head that I haven't heard in years. Or be at work and again a song I haven't heard in years pops in my head. I'm there thinking where the hell as my brain dug that up from 😂
Haha, same here, and not just with music but with other thoughts, too...things you haven't been thinking about in years suddenly come up, yet when you start asking yourself what triggered it, you usually don't have a clue, at least I don't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts