Why subwoofer won t work when MQA streaming?

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site
I have Onkyo 8270, Dali zensor 7 and yamaha ns-sw300, streaming on Tidal Hi-FI. Everything great, but streaming in MQA mode subwoofer wont work. Any idea? Onkyo has the last updates.

shadders

Hi,
I would expect that MQA stipulated that their decoding can only provide stereo output, and any DSP function following decoding cannot be used - such as a subwoofer.

Some subwoofers allow the amplifier speaker output to be connected to them, but for non-MQA source material, the subwoofer line input is now competing with the connected amplifier stereo speaker output.

Regards,
Shadders.

Jul 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I would expect that MQA stipulated that their decoding can only provide stereo output, and any DSP function following decoding cannot be used - such as a subwoofer.

Some subwoofers allow the amplifier speaker output to be connected to them, but for non-MQA source material, the subwoofer line input is now competing with the connected amplifier stereo speaker output.

Regards,
Shadders.

Thank you for explanation, its a bit disturbing switcing betwen full base and "only" stereo base.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts