What shall I listen to tonight?

A

Anonymous

Neil Diamond Love at the Greek.....nah I'm messing......have you done the Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here thing yet?

A

Anonymous

How's about Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway?
I never manage to put it on the deck because I always feel I should listen to the whole thing or not at all. This could be your opportunity.

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
My children mucking about before bedtime!
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Thoughts please[/quote]
How about some nice vinyl. Oh... ;-)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Hughes123"]Neil Diamond Love at the Greek.....nah I'm messing......have you done the Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here thing yet?[/quote]

Yup, started about half my life ago when I was a student and not as sensible as today...

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jimwall"]How's about Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway?
I never manage to put it on the deck because I always feel I should listen to the whole thing or not at all. This could be your opportunity.[/quote]

Hmmm, not sure about the Phillster

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="robg1976"]Hi mate how about some ocean colour scene or some katie melua[/quote]

Maybe the latter but I'd have to be hammered

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tractorboy"][quote user="JoelSim"]Thoughts please[/quote]
How about some nice vinyl. Oh... ;-)[/quote]

On the small silver spinning disk, drinks coaster thing please Sir

A

Anonymous

I put on Love Over Gold an hour ago, combined with a nice red wine it was pure bliss.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"]Well at this time of night it's either low volumes, or my laptop...and I am currently listening to...
EF - "Tomorrow My Friend..." on the album "Give Me Beauty...Or Give Me Death!"
(Swedish post rock/shoegaze band, and a rather lovely track)[/quote]

What's this like? Similar bands?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"][quote user="jimwall"]The Ring Cycle.
All of it.[/quote]

Er what?[/quote]

What are you, Man or Mouse????

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]Are you chilled? If so, I would go for Rodrigo y Gabriella's first album... two people with simple instruments in a room - yours![/quote]

Sounds v promising. I'll look out for that.

If anyone is interested then I have put Dido on for a complete change and very pleasant it is too. When 'er indoors goes to bed, I may just put something a little stronger on. In the meantime, it's probably Groove Armada or Fleetwood tonight.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jimwall"][quote user="JoelSim"][quote user="jimwall"]The Ring Cycle.
All of it.[/quote]

Er what?[/quote]

What are you, Man or Mouse????[/quote]

I have absolutely no idea what this is. Rock, dance, disco, house, folk, chillout, acoustic, african??????

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well I like Mogwai, ever since they did the soundtrack to Zidane which I thought was excellent.

Well to follow Dido, it was Seal and not that the old bird has gone to bed, on come The Chemicals!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"] I have absolutely no idea what this is. Rock, dance, disco, house, folk, chillout, acoustic, african??????[/quote]
It is (drum roll...) Wagner's epic masterpiece; see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Ring_des_Nibelungen
I doubt you'll find a preview on You tube though...

Edit: How wrong I am... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKL5E3zSjs&feature=related

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Well I like Mogwai, ever since they did the soundtrack to Zidane which I thought was excellent.

Well to follow Dido, it was Seal and not that the old bird has gone to bed, on come The Chemicals![/quote]

Mogwai is godly, Young Team is a must have in anyones cd collection. I was less impressed with the Zidane soundtrack, I have to admit.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="Jan Hibma"][quote user="JoelSim"]Well I like Mogwai, ever since they did the soundtrack to Zidane which I thought was excellent.

Well to follow Dido, it was Seal and not that the old bird has gone to bed, on come The Chemicals![/quote]

Mogwai is godly, Young Team is a must have in anyones cd collection. I was less impressed with the Zidane soundtrack, I have to admit.[/quote]
I have all the albums. I personally like Come on Die Young best... Love the Iggy Pop intro
Managed to see Mogwai in Manchester Academy - Magic.(and managed to get the missus there AND ENJOY)
Saw Explosions in the Sky there too, also magic.
My one wish is to see Godspeed You Black Emporer! live... which I doubt will happen....[/quote]

I'm probably seeing EITS live in May and I'm really looking forward to it. How'd you like that song by The Evpatoria Report?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"][quote user="Jan Hibma"][quote user="fr0g"][quote user="Jan Hibma"][quote user="JoelSim"]Well I like Mogwai, ever since they did the soundtrack to Zidane which I thought was excellent.

Mogwai is godly, Young Team is a must have in anyones cd collection. I was less impressed with the Zidane soundtrack, I have to admit.[/quote]
I have all the albums. I personally like Come on Die Young best... Love the Iggy Pop intro
Managed to see Mogwai in Manchester Academy - Magic.(and managed to get the missus there AND ENJOY)
Saw Explosions in the Sky there too, also magic.
My one wish is to see Godspeed You Black Emporer! live... which I doubt will happen....[/quote]

I'm probably seeing EITS live in May and I'm really looking forward to it. How'd you like that song by The Evpatoria Report?[/quote]

Can never say on 1st listen, but interesting enough to add to my Myspace friends and interesting for a Swiss band :) - Will give more time in days to come... Myspace is cool for one thing only - New/interesting bands...But seriously, I mostly recommend 'My Exit Music' - Fantastic band, and album - a MUST buy IMO.

Oh and see EITS for sure, and make sure they play 'Your hand in Mine' and 'Yasmin the light' - 2 of my faves :)[/quote]

I will check My Exit Music out, hadn't heard of them before and judging by your tastes it should please me very well. I really do want to see EITS, I absolutely want to, however my friends are reluctant to see them describing them as boring. I may just go on my own, who knows. I know I can die happy if hear 'Your Hand In Mine', 'First Breath After Coma' and 'A Song For Our Fathers' live.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts