What shall I listen to tonight?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Well I'm onto the old classic 'Spirit of Eden' by Talk Talk now. I seem to be the only one in my group who likes this but it's proper audiophile stuff which would sound sh**e through anything less than a decent system methinks

A

Anonymous

Talk Talk - I nearly suggested that. Or Blue Nile. Always a bit mood dependent for me. Great though.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Dougie 2"]HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - ACHTUNG BONO[/quote]

The only CD that has survived the weekly 6-disc clearout for 6 months now! Excellent album, although not necessarily late-night listening.
"Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead!"...genius!!!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Sinatra ... Warner CD 9362-46712-2 ... your system will thank you, your girlfriend mistrust you ... you ... if you're not a fan you will be after listening to this.

One of the the best if not the best FS compilation on CD. Outstanding sound quality.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... sounds best through a NAIM system run in for at least 500 years but if you dont have the time to do that Darren of Clearaudio will do it for you in the extra quick time of a year. You can have tea and biscuits while you wait.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
listening to Maroon 5 at the moment
emotion-10.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
emotion-10.gif

[/quote]

Oh dear..

I'm listening to Dire Straits - On Every Street. On Every Street is amazing, as is The Bug, it's just too funky.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
emotion-10.gif

[/quote]

........."she will be loved" is an enthralling listen, just about to put it on ;)

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Sam Srivastava"]listening to Maroon 5 at the moment[/quote]

Isn't there a law to discourage this kind of thing?

[quote user="Sam Srivastava"]........."she will be loved" is an enthralling listen, just about to put it on ;)[/quote]

Aaaaarrrrrhhhhh! And I thought Thaiman was alone in his predilection for bland-supermarket musak dressed up as sensitive mood music for a post-9/11 generation. Oh, and another thing, doesn't this sort of thing sound even more vapid and dehumanized on a decent hi-fi?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Ah, a blast from the past - Heavy Rhyme Experience Vol.1 by Brand New Heavies and guest artists such as main source, gang starr and the pharcyde. mellow rap is nice!

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Jan Hibma"][quote user="Thaiman"]
emotion-10.gif

[/quote]

Oh dear..

I'm listening to Dire Straits - On Every Street. On Every Street is amazing, as is The Bug, it's just too funky.[/quote]

You're one to talk!

A

Anonymous

Get some cans in,put on some Beatles,Paul Weller,Oasis,or Radiohead(apart from the"Kid A" album,what were they thinking of?).Or some Kinks or Lennon,that`s what I`d do.

A

Anonymous

Was listening to Cat Power - The Greatest last night. Every one should give it a spin!

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bot bot"]Radiohead(apart from the"Kid A" album,what were they thinking of?[/quote]

Of not becoming a formulaic A-level rock band, I think. Besides, it's their one of their best albums for me. That and "In Rainbows". I presume they didn't want to do endless retreads of Street Spirit, High & Dry et al for the rest of their stadium, lighters-in-the-air days. OK Computer was brilliant but Kid A and beyond were a true departure for such a mainstream band. They stopped themselves getting bored.

A

Anonymous

Thin Lizzy Greatest Hits - arrived today - £4 off ebay.

Great tracks - great memories.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts