Question What HiFi Show 2021 - How to Build a Speaker

sorbiegunner

Apr 29, 2021
Visit site
In the 'How to Build a Speaker' video at the What HiFi Show 2021, Andrew Murphy says that the kit he is building costs £14.99 including vat.
Is this correct or did he make a mistake?
I can't find the kit (or anything close) for that kind of money. Could someone please provide a link to this bargain deal?

Right at the start of the video, within minutes.
Well, it was 21 minutes in, of a 30 minute video. Yes, £1495.00, colloquially spoken as Fourteen Ninety-five. Not very helpful unless you’re British!

Here it is...

Only a bit more for you to save now! :giggle:

Reactions: Al ears

sorbiegunner

Apr 29, 2021
Visit site
Well, it was 21 minutes in, of a 30 minute video. Yes, £1495.00, colloquially spoken as Fourteen Ninety-five. Not very helpful unless you’re British!

Here it is...

Only a bit more for you to save now! :giggle:
Sorry I meant that he says it at the very start of the segment which is the video of him building a speaker from a kit (a video within a video).
Also, I am British and that is certainly not colloquial usage in my part of Britain. When I heard him say 14.99 I couldn't decide whether he was reading from notes and a researcher had wrote it down wrong or whether something had cost 14.99 (delivery perhaps) and he was quoting the wrong figure by mistake. It didn't cross my mind that he really meant to say 14.95 and he really expected me to automatically know he meant 1495.
I also assumed that he wouldn't actually have paid anything for it as it would have been supplied free for the purposes of the video.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sorry I meant that he says it at the very start of the segment which is the video of him building a speaker from a kit (a video within a video).
Also, I am British and that is certainly not colloquial usage in my part of Britain. When I heard him say 14.99 I couldn't decide whether he was reading from notes and a researcher had wrote it down wrong or whether something had cost 14.99 (delivery perhaps) and he was quoting the wrong figure by mistake. It didn't cross my mind that he really meant to say 14.95 and he really expected me to automatically know he meant 1495.
I also assumed that he wouldn't actually have paid anything for it as it would have been supplied free for the purposes of the video.
[/QUOTE]
After he says the price, he says you can get it built for another £300, so I guess that was maybe a clue. Anyway, he said 1495 and I agree it would’ve been better to say £5 change from £1500.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts