What else do you listen to on your hifi?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Apart from music what else do you listen to on your hifi?

As well as using mine for TV and computer games I also sometimes like to listen to bird song like this: Clicky

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
TV, so by inference - because they're all plugged into the TV - DVDs, bluerays and the Wii, plus sometimes YouTube videos from the Mac Mini. Wii hasn't been switched on for about two years ever since the kids got their Sonysoft Playbox thingy in their bedroom (you can so tell I'm a gamer and know all the kit), but for some reason I've yet to figure, Mrs Fubar insists we keep it. Maybe she's waiting for it to reach classic status.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Mostly BBC iPlayer Radio and my collection of radio series/programmes (documentary, history, comedy, dramas).

Sound from TV + Blu-ray/DVD + PVR connected via optical from TV. (When the content deserves it.)

Podcasts.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
You Tube (especially the Vevo channel), iPlayer, Netflix, Bluray & DVD. Also TV, PS3 games & FM radio alongside Internet radio via the Radio Player app.

The more 'ordinary' sources are CD, vinyl & AAC.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an App for my iPhone (there's a version for the iPad too) called 'Bloom' that was developed by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers. It's an Ambient music creation App that lets you set a few rhythms and sounds by tapping in different areas on your screen and the software then plays endless evolutions of it so over time it morphs into something else. It's dreamy and melodic and quite beautiful and is great when you just want something in the background. It's like a 21st Century music box, and is by far, my favourite App.

It's also great over (noise cancelling) earphones on long flights.

There's another App by the same pair called 'Trope', but I prefer 'Bloom'.

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Talksport and Leading Britain's conversation. I tend not to listen to Leading Britain's conversation that much because they have to many presenters which views are to right and I'm a lefty.

TRENDING THREADS