If you had insane amount of cash, what would be your personal HiFi Choice for 2024?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpianist

It would depend on the room, but I would probably go for a Linn Klimax or Akubarik system, adding a suitable CD transport from another manufacturer.

If I had room for a second system, I think I would treat myself to a complete Audio Note system.

There's other things I would want first though, including the right home (probably a luxury apartment somewhere), a Schimmel Konzert 219T grand piano, a Bösendorfer 214vc grand piano, the best storage I can find (for CDs, LPs and books) and some nice furniture.

I haven't drive for 5 years, for medical reasons, but should I be fit to drive again, I would buy a top-spec Cupra and be happy.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
If I had an insane amount of money, hi-fi would be way down the list:

1) House
2) Classic car: Lancia Delta Integrale
3) Classic Car: Talbot/Sunbeam Lotus
4) Classic car: Alfa 105 GTA
5) Holiday home in the New Forest, Hampshire
But....if you have insane amounts of money you can probably have a gympretty decent Hi-Fi in addition to your list.
I'm a fan of old Lancias and Alfa's too.
But then I'm rather partial to classic MB as well. Not an easy choice.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Think I'd go to a hifi show and let my ears dictate choice without budget being a conscious part of the decision who knows what I'd come home with.

A listening room would be high in the list now that I'm older it's become more apparent how big of a difference it makes.

landco

Aug 26, 2023
Visit site
Что касается исходного вопроса, поскольку возможность ответить на последующие сообщения заставляет людей расходиться, таков характер разговора.

Я помню, как однажды смотрел Кена Фриджа на YouTube и думал, как здорово, должно быть, иметь такую систему.

Я был настолько впечатлен, что повторил его выбор.
Мне бы хотелось услышать о такой системе, просто чтобы испытать ее.

Посмотреть: https://youtu.be/4b2IOOhJmxw?si=JBz4PlublFpDWnVT
:oops: this style is called "Gypsy Baroque". I think the gypsy from the comedy film "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" would want to buy this house :LOL:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
It seems the question is far too difficult for some of the posters to understand!
I guess, some people have a life hahahaha :ROFLMAO: !!

My choice for 2024, oh Gawd.....for amp either Accuphase E-5000 or Hegel H600 that's £20K something, for CD....my current flavour of the month, Atoll cd400se approx. £5.4K; Speakers Dynaudio Confidence 60 Floor standing Speakers, that's another £36K, and DAC Auralic Vega G3 Streaming DAC £11K and speaker cables Atlas Mavros 2-2 Speaker Cables £1.8K

Ask me again next year, I'm pretty sure it will be something different :)

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Wrong question. Any fool can put together a million-dollar hi-fi system, but you try a $500 hi-fi. A small budget requires knowledge and skills.
I kind of said the opposite in my earlier thread.

I quote:
I find if you have a set budget and a structured framework for your requirements, it's easier to make your purchase.

My rationale; well, think about it, limited budget sets a restriction on what you can buy, so you have a narrow choice of speakers, a narrow choice of amps etc. An infinite budget means, everything is fair game....now that's hard!

Anyway you're missing the point, there's no right or wrong, it's meant to be light hearted :)

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
It's true what Gray said the other day, it seems the more expensive kit is the more hideous it has to look.
I think there's a natural 'Cost Level', where serious technology and quality components are employed, it is the pinnacle, you can't go beyond that in terms of costs because there's nothing to gain, it is the 'watershed'.

When you start throwing money at it, to make it more éclat, i.e. the quality of being magnificent or splendid or grand. It becomes pure marketing, there's nothing that separates this sonically, than the cheaper brethren that costs 20 times less.

It's basically the 'Formula 1' effect, our speakers or amps belongs to an exclusive club, a lot of vapour. I think essentially they're trying to win the mindset of the wider consumer, our products are associated with the highest quality.

TRENDING THREADS