If you had insane amount of cash, what would be your personal HiFi Choice for 2024?

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm intrigued by the selection of the best HiFi for 2024, as per Steve Huffs video below. £13K for the Daniel Hertz's Maria Class D integrated amp, 350watts into 8ohms, is an interesting choice and it's made from perplex plastic!
Controversially, I also note, he won't be doing vinyl because his Rose DAC Streamer is shoulders above anything analogue can offer. I know many people on this forum will beg to differ. :)

If you had insane amount of cash, what would be your personal HiFi Choice for 2024?

View: https://youtu.be/f_0fE9T78YM?si=UdJ76Xzj4N98zibc

Last edited:
Reactions: manicm

jetblack9090

Nov 18, 2022
Visit site
Ooh that's a good question, I guess if I had an unlimited budget and I could purchase whatever hi-fi system I wanted I would get a set of devore fidelity O/96 orangutan speakers, I'd have it powered by McIntosh MC 275 power amplifier paired with a McIntosh c22 preamp and everything hooked up with Kimber cabling.

I'm a big vinyl guy so I probably also get a Rega P10 turntable, always wanted one and not terribly expensive considering.

All together probably about $40,000 so not terribly expensive but would be a fantastic setup.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Ooh that's a good question, I guess if I had an unlimited budget and I could purchase whatever hi-fi system I wanted I would get a set of devore fidelity O/96 orangutan speakers, I'd have it powered by McIntosh MC 275 power amplifier paired with a McIntosh c22 preamp and everything hooked up with Kimber cabling.

I'm a big vinyl guy so I probably also get a Rega P10 turntable, always wanted one and not terribly expensive considering.

All together probably about $40,000 so not terribly expensive but would be a fantastic setup.
Pretty awesome dude.
With all that money, I'm pretty useless in decision making, I know, I will change my mind every five minutes!

Oxfordian

Insane amount of cash to spend - hmmmm

Okay this is my spend

Linn Sondek LP12 - Selekt Spec
Naim NVC TT - Phono Pre Amp
Naim NPX TT - Power Supply for NVC TT
Naim NSS 333 - Streaming Amp
Naim NAC 332 - Pre Amp
Naim NAP 350 - Power Amp
Naim NPX 300 x 2 - Power Supply (1 Digital, 1 Analog)
Gato Audio CDD1 - CD Player
Focal Kanta No3 Loudspeakers

And as I have an insane amount of money to spend - a house with a suitably sized listening room to do justice for this system.

Tinman1952

Interesting. The best system I ever heard was a Meridian 808 CD player driving a pair of Meridian DSP7200 speakers...so that would probably do for the bedroom....😁
Alternatively I would settle for some ATC SCM40 actives....that will do nicely....👍

Reactions: Oxfordian
D

Deleted member 201267

I'm intrigued by the selection of the best HiFi for 2024, as per Steve Huffs video below. £13K for the Daniel Hertz's Maria Class D integrated amp, 350watts into 8ohms, is an interesting choice and it's made from perplex plastic!
Controversially, I also note, he won't be doing vinyl because his Rose DAC Streamer is shoulders above anything analogue can offer. I know many people on this forum will beg to differ. :)

View: https://youtu.be/f_0fE9T78YM?si=UdJ76Xzj4N98zibc
Probably this :-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VcPAdzjcA0

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
A huge dedicated listening room first, but after that I could live with a pair of these:

YG Acoustics Sonja 2.2i Reference Series Speakers.​

A snip at £95k.

I have actually been fortunate enough to hear a set of YG speakers and they are immense.

Fandango Andy

Impossible to say without some research and auditioning but I have always liked the idea of a valve amp so a McIntosh MC275 (research needed to choose a suitable preamp). Some old fashioned floorstanders, possibly Klipsch Heresy IV, and a Linn LP12.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Many of you made a really good point about having the room specially treated.
Why would you spend guzillions for the best hifi when there are shortfalls in the room acoustics?
I find if you have a set budget and a structured framework for your requirements, it's easier to make your purchase.
When money isn't an issue, it's a minefield, surely there is something better than what I have in mind?

podknocker

NAD M33 and Spendor D7.2 in cherry finish. I do like the Focal Sopra 2 in orange in a room with a modern decor, but the understated Spendor look also appeals to me, so long as it's modern looking and not from the 60s in beige.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
A Marantz SA10 CD player, would be my next purchase if I had the necessary funds. A really high quality Hi-Fi rack.
And maybe I'd spend a week or two going to audition new speakers.
I suppose if cash were no object, one could go up-market with anything and everything.
That's not to say that I'm not entirely happy with the sound of my present set up though, because I am.

TRENDING THREADS