When do you listen to your bundles?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DCarmi

I'm never going to be a boss, but if I were, I'd never want to be paying people to 'work' at home whilst listening to music.

If the 'work' they're doing is that mindless, I'd get a monkey to do it 👍
1. You have obviously never worked in a busy shared office where lots of people discuss work related subjects when you are trying to concentrate on your own work. It is especially true now we have lots of Teams calls.
2. When I work from home I do lots more hours than I ever did in the office. Research done by my organisation has shown that people are at least as productive when working in a blended home/office working environment and it saves them money on buildings and other infrastructure requirements by not having staff solely office based. In fact, nowadays, they'd struggle to find desk space if everyone turned up.
3. For about 20 years I ran a team of around 20 developers and data managers. Many, though not all, use headphones for the very reason I stated in point 1.

Reactions: record_spot

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I work from home two days a week, I never listen to music while I work, I'd stop working and just listen.
I have a BluOs network I play music, multi room while cooking or cleaning or just knocking about at home.
I listen, sit down and fall into the music for 2 to 4 hours a night 3 or 4 times a week other nights i watch films or i have silence and read.
Noise floor level in my house is 32dB, I think a quiet night helps.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Gray

I never listen to music while I work, I'd stop working and just listen.
👍

When working in a audio service department I had to check sound.....sometimes, when 'testing' personal stereos, I'd sit with headphones on and really listen to the odd track sections on my tapes.
I was definitely not working then, but just listening.
I still say you can't properly do both.

Some people talk or read books while 'listening' 🙄

Reactions: WayneKerr

Gray

It's kinda relaxing while cooking.

At moment just chilling out listening to some Jazz FM before hitting the sack.
I used to listen to Jazz FM quite a bit.
Turned it on recently though and, to my horror, as they went into an ad break....they advised that "Premium Listeners" got the next track immediately.

As Hall & Oates put it, "I can't go for that, no can do".
I actually said "***K OFF"....as I turned off Jazz FM for probably the last time.

I used to listen to Jazz FM quite a bit.
Turned it on recently though and, to my horror, as they went into an ad break....they advised that "Premium Listeners" got the next track immediately.

As Hall & Oates put it, "I can't go for that, no can do".
I actually said "***K OFF"....as I turned off Jazz FM for probably the last time.
How do you listen to the station? I listen on Freeview and never heard them advertise "premium listeners" before. I'm an avid radiophile....

Gray

How do you listen to the station? I listen on Freeview and never heard them advertise "premium listeners" before. I'm an avid radiophile....
I got that message on the 'other sat' mode of my Panasonic TV (No doubt JFM is still on the Freesat platform - which is how I used to listen).

I've also got the JFM URL stored as one of my radio channels on Volumio, which allows a Raspberry Pi to stream it.

I will have to check that out because, if you haven't heard the message on Freeview, then it must be a platform-specific thing, possibly experimental 🤔.

(Used to like some of what Jeff Young played on Sundays...and of course Robbie Vincent).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts