Volume adjustment on ADMs

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
T

the record spot

Well, better that than he'd have to kill you all things considered. Though as a statement as and of itself, it's a tad bizarre.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
jcbrum said:
Your final remark does assume that AVI would be prepared to supply their goods to you, which is not something you should consider a foregone conclusion.

JC

Hmmm. Not sure you can just refuse to supply without a valid reason JC. I could be wrong but I don't think so. :?

John Duncan

I do hope you're reading this, btw, Matthew - any interest you may show in the product does assume that AVI would be prepared to supply their goods to you, which is not something you should consider a foregone conclusion.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Richard Allen said:
Hmmm. Not sure you can just refuse to supply without a valid reason JC. I could be wrong but I don't think so. :?

My Contract Law is a little rusty, but one's Offer to buy need not be Accepted by the person selling it....I'm sure Ben can confirm....EDIT. and everyone else. :doh:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
richardw42 said:
You do know he's taking the mick Don't you. ?

Please say you do.

A big portion of AVI sales are overseas. Now have a think.

Thanks. Now you've told us that I am quite literally pissing my pants at the devastating wit and repartee jcbrum has demonstrated. Hahahahahahahaha.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Richard Allen said:

My Contract Law is a little rusty, but one's Offer to buy need not be Accepted by the person selling it....I'm sure Ben can confirm....EDIT. and everyone else. :doh:

Yeh. Strange world if you were forced to contract with someone. Advertisements are considered invitations to treat btw rather than offers, so the attempt to purchase is an offer rather than an acceptance.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
richardw42 said:
lpv said:
Phileas said:
lpv said:
Phileas said:
lpv said:
I've got question regarding AVI ADM 9 remote control. There are ' SUB +' and ' SUB -" icons on handset... are they for switching sub on and off or changing subwoofer volume?

They only have relevance for ADM40 sub-out and, I think, the Neutron 5.1 sub.

They won't control the ADM sub.

ok, so that means there's no way to control bass from remote control?

Not when using ADM9s, no.

thank you.. and sorry AVI, no purchase here.

i am a little confused. Why would anyone was that control ? It's either right or it isn't.

I adjust the subwoofer volume on my Neutron system quite regularly (using the remote control). Most of the time I use the settings that AVI recommend because this sounds perfectly balanced for 95% of the music that I listen to. But when I put on rave music or dubstep I prefer to turn the bass volume up. This make the sound unbalanced but it's fun to feel the extra bass when listening to rave music. I also like a bit of extra bass when I play computer games too.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Whether written in jest or not, how does someone - who only owns a pair of their speakers and has no position or authority or remit - speak for the company itself regarding any point of customer policy?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
richardw42 said:
lpv said:
Phileas said:
lpv said:
Phileas said:
lpv said:
I've got question regarding AVI ADM 9 remote control. There are ' SUB +' and ' SUB -" icons on handset... are they for switching sub on and off or changing subwoofer volume?

i am a little confused. Why would anyone was that control ? It's either right or it isn't.

I adjust the subwoofer volume on my Neutron system quite regularly (using the remote control). Most of the time I use the settings that AVI recommend because this sounds perfectly balanced for 95% of the music that I listen to. But when I put on rave music or dubstep I prefer to turn the bass volume up. This make the sound unbalanced but it's fun to feel the extra bass when listening to rave music. I also like a bit of extra bass when I play computer games too.

thank you for your informative answer.

btw.. who is john duncan and why he is soo stressed? ( not interested really)

John Duncan

Well, to be fair, it is a matter of public record:

[LINK REMOVED - house rules]

Though I notice that all such qualms disappeared when said customer actually offered cash in exchange for the product. Hey, maybe THAT's the exam!

John Duncan

lpv said:
steve_1979 said:
richardw42 said:
lpv said:
Phileas said:
lpv said:
Phileas said:
lpv said:

thank you for your informative answer.

My wife often asks that. She's not interested really either.

Though, on the contrary, I should point out I'm the least stressed I've been in a loooooong time.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
lpv said:

He is online and contributing regularly to this thread. So why are you asking about him in the third person whilst he's 'standing in the room' so to speak?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
lpv said:

He is online and contributing regularly to this thread. So why are you asking about him in the third person whilst he's 'standing in the room' so to speak?

sorry, I meant jcbrum user and his comments. I do appologies mr duncan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts