Van Damme cables very good?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I suppose it depends on your definition of "very good", and what you're comparing them against.

It also depends on whether you think cables make any difference....but whatever your view, they are a good VFM, no nonsense cable with respectable performance.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I have just been comparing them to Missing Link Alaqeia (I'm talking about VD Classic Instrument cable which is typically used for hifi) and there is no difference to my ears - both are silver-plated copper. The ML have Eichmann bullets too. However, I have only ever heard subtle difference between interconnects (it beats me how you get people on here claiming to hear clear differences between say Chord Crimson and Cobraplus). The VD are a tenth of the price of the VD for same length. That either makes the VD Classic very good, or the ML Alaqeia very ordinary.

I buy interconnects used as the mood takes me, sell them on for roughly same, no loss, experiment to see what the fuss is about. The VD however you can buy new - they are so cheap.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Sometime ago I bought VD RCA interconnect from free bay for a trial as the price is not expensive at all. I compared it with Chord Cobra 2 plus and actually it is very closed to it with the exception of lossing some high frequencies but by not much. The performance of mid and low freq. is almost the same as Cobra. In considering the price it is worth buying.

I am now using Chord Chameleon Plus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts