Jump Cables For NADC350

synaees2k23

Aug 28, 2023
Visit site
I have a NADC350 and I'm lppking to replace the jumpers at the back for some good quality cable. I currently use custom made Van Damme Locap cable for my CD player and the quality is outstanding next to an off the shelf cable at 10x the cost. However, they are a tad on the lighter side with low end bass. Would using the same cable for jump leads cause further reduction in bass?

Gray

I suspect you'll struggle to find anyone here who would expect any audible difference. Hopefully no-one will feel the need to say so more than once...
You know he'll struggle.
He'd be lucky to find 2% of people here (or anywhere else) that would describe any cable as being more 'outstanding' than another.....unless that other cable were open circuit (faulty to the point of not doing its job).

Gray

Would using the same cable for jump leads cause further reduction in bass?
The vast majority of people would find that it would not.

If you really are concerned about the links between pre out and power in RCA sockets, you'd be far better off internally, semi-permanently linking them.
That way you wouldn't have the extra resistance of external cable.
(As well as no chance of the reduced bass that you fear).

abacus

I have a NADC350 and I'm lppking to replace the jumpers at the back for some good quality cable. I currently use custom made Van Damme Locap cable for my CD player and the quality is outstanding next to an off the shelf cable at 10x the cost. However, they are a tad on the lighter side with low end bass. Would using the same cable for jump leads cause further reduction in bass?
There are plenty of cable threads if you do a search of the WHF forum, but for a simple answer then No, there will not be any difference.

Bill

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
If I were in your shoes, I would use oxygen free solid copper core wire and solder these to the jumper connectors with silver-lead.
Honestly not sure if this would bring the desired outcome but maybe worth experimenting for small costs.
If you don't like you can always clean up and reinstate the original jumper cables.

nads

I have a 372 and know what you are looking for. Having demoed the same set up at the HiFi store and then found my system missing something.

so a asked them what was different. We had tested with the same amp. Same CDP same cables to the same speaker.

the only difference was they had Tara Labs Missing Links fitted rather than the standard joiners.

ordered fitted and it was just as I auditioned.
no idea if they are still out there as this was back in 2007/8

but yes change them.

Gray

I had the original, now legendary, NAD 3020.
Back then, nobody ever mentioned using cable rather than the supplied 'U' links.....with very good reason.

Like I said, if lyou think the links are a problem, then join wiring / PCB tracks at the back of the sockets.....no matter how good any jumper cable might be, it cannot be better than no jumper.

The OP is concerned that his (otherwise 'outstanding') cable, if used as a jumper, may adversely affect the sound.
Again, no jumper - no risk of adverse effect.

Last edited:
I always thought "Jumper cables" were those sold to replace the metal links supplied with bi-wirable loudspeakers ?
That’s a common use for the term ‘jumper’ in Hifi, but any short length can have the same label attached - as here. And obviously, not the ridiculous Nordost stuff, as the OP needs phono plugs on screened cable.

gasolin

I think the one audioquest makes is a little bright sounding

Not to have a very long cable at the back, try to see what kind of short cables you can find

cheap but not super cheap

Cordial CFU 0,3 CC

More expensive
Sommer Cable Basic+ HBP-C2 0,3m

Both 30 cm

Mabye try this 15cm wbc cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/15-Directional-High-Definition-Interconnect-Connectors/dp/B089NM8S6Y

Amazon choice https://www.amazon.com/CESS-111-6i-Preamp-Jumpers-Patch-Inches/dp/B08G8WR61B/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=rca+jumper&qid=1693300054&sr=8-4&th=1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts