Audioquest rocket 11 or Tellurium q blue II for rock and metal?

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I am in dubt about these 2 speakercables. Looking at a not too transparent cable with soft not too extended highes and warm full sound. Both are good cables. Anyone experencies with these cables?

Gray

😱
Never mind what others think of cables (you really wouldn't want to hear what most people think).

The very best, most worthwhile, cost- effective thing you could do would be:

Arrange to get both on sale or return.
Arrange for a friend to swap between the two and your current cables without you knowing which is which.

Do that and I reckon you'll stick with what you've got 👍

Last edited:

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
If you have your Source,Amp and speakers well sorted, the cable isn't really going to affect the sound by very much, unless you have Naim equipment, I think a good quality copper cable is sufficient and stay away from silver cables especially with Naim equipment....that's my experience anyway.

Last edited:

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Does anybody know the reason why 79 strands were selected and not 78 or 80 ?
Cable sizes Awg or mm2 where designed for electrical use in many applications before they where ever used for hifi, increasing the number of strands increases the surface area for the current to pass along the greater the surface area the lower the resistance so less current drop over a given distance, also makes it more flexible. 79 strands at a certain core size just happens to be an off the shelf size to hit a certain overall diameter.

gasolin

Qed silver anniversary (good price for what tier it is) is somewhat different in the highs then your typical copper cable

Sommer Cable SC-Meridian SP260 to me have more bass then all the other cables i have

Unless your trying 3 very different quality cables it won't sound different enough to make alot of difference

gasolin

QED 42 strand at £1 per metre, or something that costs 300 times more.

I don't think you would get,buy a copper speaker cable for 300 times the money

I don't like the cheap qed cabel a little to much in the highs, but cheap Cordial,Sommer Cable from thomann of minimum 4.0 mm² is as good as any qed,audioquest,chord for the same price.

My recommendation is Cordial or Commer Cabel in a good gauge,thickness

(cls 240 is not listed anymore on there site)

podknocker

Stuff like this is a complete waste of money and they are laughing at people who do buy this.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
You won't be able to hear any difference between QED 42 strand at £1 per metre, or something that costs 300 times more.

It's copper and it's all the same stuff.

Well from a pure manufacturing point of view there very much is different grades of copper, so that statement isn't entirely accurate.

Weather you can hear the difference of atomically aligned nano crystals and organic plasma isolation is completely different story.

Dont you have ultra blues going into some 3030i's? so find the statement about as rich as my elevenses mince pie im about to eat.

Reactions: doifeellucky

Juzzie Wuzzie

QED 79 in current use and have been a fan of the Van Damme "blue series" in the past - especially the 6mm2 as like the price v. practicality v. look ratios.

I use solid and inexpensive banana plugs / spades off of Amazon and generally just look for a double screw binding.

As many an informed poster illustrates, room acoustics are going to have a far greater effect on your listening pleasure ... says the man with wooden floors and concrete walls!

Last edited:

podknocker

Well from a pure manufacturing point of view there very much is different grades of copper, so that statement isn't entirely accurate.

Weather you can hear the difference of atomically aligned nano crystals and organic plasma isolation is completely different story.

Dont you have ultra blues going into some 3030i's? so find the statement about as rich as my elevenses mince pie im about to eat.
I challenge anyone who's on this forum to prove, during blind testing, that they can hear differences between different bits of copper between their amp and speakers.

Oh and by the way, I bought my TQ Ultra Blue leads because they are easy to push against skirting boards and they don't coil up like many cheaper alternatives.

I'm not under any delusion they sound better than QED 42 strand et al.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts