Tellurium q blue ii, Audioquest rocket 11 or van den hul D352 for older rock?

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I listen mostly to older rock and symfonisch metal, not the best recorded and with too sharp highes. I like a warmer full bodied sound. Which from these cables would be the better one?
My system: MF m5si amp, Bluesond node, Tannoy xt8f.

Last edited:

podknocker

I agree entirely. You will not improve sound quality with expensive cabling.

I have TQ Ultra Blue speaker cables (the original) and they do the job.

I bought them for their ribbon like construction and they are very easy to route along the carpet and skirting boards.

I'm under no delusion they are changing the sound of my system and I won't be upgrading.

If you have a very high quality and transparent system, it will sound rough, with rough recordings.

You cannot blame your system for the limitations of poor recordings.

Last edited:

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
What a relief to hear sensible advice on an audio forum rather than witchcraft.(y) I listen to a lot of classic rock, to my ear it is muddy, due to rubbish recording and/or mixing. Perhaps your speakers are trebly?

If you stream, then your streamer might have an EQ function.

If you still want to squander money on witchcraft, HiFiWigwam is indeed your best bet as suggested earlier. They will also help you to upgrade the screws on your amplifier case to audiophile grade ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray
I listen mostly to older rock and symfonisch metal, not the best recorded and with too sharp highes. I like a warmer full bodied sound. Which from these cables would be the better one?
I would get too hung up on cables, they're all pretty much the same, avoid silver as they can cause sibilance IME - copper is the best/safest option.

Reactions: Gray

abacus

Changing cables will not make any difference to the sound of your system (Except for the placebo effect), however if you believe they do (Even though there is no verifiable evidence to support this) then by all means try some out to see which you prefer, then just sit back and enjoy the music.

Bill

Reactions: Noddy

AndrewF

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
What a relief to hear sensible advice on an audio forum rather than witchcraft.(y) I listen to a lot of classic rock, to my ear it is muddy, due to rubbish recording and/or mixing. Perhaps your speakers are trebly?

If you stream, then your streamer might have an EQ function.

If you still want to squander money on witchcraft, HiFiWigwam is indeed your best bet as suggested earlier. They will also help you to upgrade the screws on your amplifier case to audiophile grade ones.

wait-i need to upgrade my amplifier screws??!!??

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
wait-i need to upgrade my amplifier screws??!!??
Yup. I have come across one basket case, sorry, I mean enthusiast, who did just that. On HiFiWigwam I was called an ignorant fool (or words to that effect) for suggesting that a £10,000 streamer‘s digital output sounded no different to a Wiim Mini’s. I believe the expensive one contains a large quantity of something called woo, which is imported from Laalaaland, where it is mined by elves.

Zakhele

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I think the Audioquest FLX 14/4 fits the bill

You don’t mention the cable you’re using at the moment. Cables can make a difference, although relatively subtle, and in many cases, too many people’s ideas of an AB comparison is listening for differences in tonal balance.

I ask about your existing cable, as that could be contributing to the issue. I’m not familiar with the music you’re playing, but that could be the source of the issue. I’m presuming you’re using the DAC in the amp and not the one in the Node. Ignore the EQ settings as this affects potential dynamic range, although reducing treble might not have that effect.

Tannoys use a partial horn design for their tweeter. This improves efficiency, and while it focuses the HF unit’s output at the listening position, it can have a tendency to be a little “shouty” at times, and it’s not forgiving in any way. Without knowing anything about your room, I’d suspect the Tannoys as being the biggest culprit of exaggerating what is likely already there on the source material.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts