Tellurium q Blue or qed xt40

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I can buy tellurium q Blue ll speakercable for a nice price. Problem, can not hear before it.
I like a warmer forgiving sound with my music, mostly rock and metal. My system mf m5 si amp, Blue sound node streamer and tannoy xt8f speakers. For the same price i can also buy the qed xt40. Your opinions?

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I can buy tellurium q Blue ll speakercable for a nice price. Problem, can not hear before it.
I like a warmer forgiving sound with my music, mostly rock and metal. My system mf m5 si amp, Blue sound node streamer and tannoy xt8f speakers. For the same price i can also buy the qed xt40. Your opinions?

dont waste your money my friend. If you want a bit more warmth add some linn k20 in the system for a 5er a meter. Spend the extra money on other things.

abacus

Standard 2.5mm sq. OFC is all you need (Unless a really long run then go for 4mm sq.) which can be picked up cheaply from Amazon etc.
If you want a brand name, try VanDamme as they are used in professional film and music production studios, so everything you need for a Hifi/Home Cinema system of any price.
If you do believe cables make a difference to the sound (There has never been any verifiable evidence that they do) then don’t buy without a listen first, otherwise you will be wasting your money.

Bill

podknocker

I have TQ Ultra blue (the original, not the new one) and it does the job. I've recently blamed this cable, for my soft, dull, lifeless sound, but I'm now thinking it's the QA3030i speakers, at the end of it. Matching stands also, with an Audiolab Omnia as the source. I need to either try a brighter sounding cable, or replace the speakers. With some TQ cabling, it's probably cheaper to swap the speakers. I've not heard many speaker cables, but I'm not convinced it's that important. Speakers do sound very different, however. One thing I do like, is factory terminated cables. I hate fiddling around with bare wire and banana plugs. They always come loose and become oxidised and dirty. The TQ cable has a 7 year warranty, although I only unplug mine every few months to clean etc. Unless your waving them around every 5 minutes, they should last forever.

Last edited:

Gray

I've not heard many speaker cables, but I'm not convinced it's that important. Speakers do sound very different, however.
Too right.
I was going to say I'd be surprised if anyone thought cable was more influential than speakers to the sound.....but it wouldn't surprise me if someone did.

And yes, a terminated speaker cable should outlive us all - a 7 year guarantee on a speaker cable is random and meaningless isn't it?

D

Deleted member 195594

Hi,

I've had both in my system. The TQ can make systems a little dull. The QED was the first cable I had when I built my system, its good, but I bought the TQ pre-loved to try and cure digital glare, which it did, but too much. I sold it on again and bought some 2nd hand Atlas Hyper 2 which I still have.

I don't like paying crazy prices for cables; I buy 2nd hand, much less of a hit if you don't like them, and you can re-sell if that's the case.

D

Deleted member 160668

I have a pretty expensive system... I have played with all types of cables, including many S/C up to Townshend Isolda DCT level (which are amazing). I currently use TQ Black II.

IMO speaker cables do have a difference - however in a typical system, this may not be that pronounced, or worth shelling out upon.

The VanDamme and K20 mentioned above are both solid reasonable cost recommendations. VanDamme in particular is well made, cheap as chips, and sounds decent enough.

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I found a test of the Tellurium q blue II. From what i read it seem perfect for me with my music, symphonic metal and rock. I think i will order it.

"We have to admit that the sound of rock music, especially in the hard version, always leaves something to be desired. Rather, we did not think that any cable could change anything in this respect. And yet. There was a little breakthrough when we tested Tellurium Blue II on our system. Rock, hard-rock and metal music started sounding good. This species lost the most in our track during the change of columns. Rock songs sounded loud and often too tiring, and some of our favorite bands were forgotten for the time being. Until then. Calming down the mid-tones and smoothing the edges in our system turned out to be beneficial for stronger sounds. The 7 ”single Iron Maiden with our favorite The Clairvoyant sounds incredibly good. The piece is played very dynamically, with great detail and without excessive sharpness. Blue II cables do not favor any of the bands. You can feel a slight rounding at the edges, but the whole presentation is balanced. "

What do you think of the Van den Hul D352? My interconnect is Van den Hul D102 3T.
Didn’t see this before. The CS122 speaker cable by VdH would be ideal. Those who’ve tried both this and the more expensive VdH - two folk whose systems I’ve heard - prefer the cheaper CS122.

I‘d choose it for the room friendly colour too, but it’s definitely on the smooth side of neutral.

I’ve never knowingly heard the Tellurium, though it get lots of praise on forum threads.

Last edited:
It's rare I disagree with No Piano, but the CS122 had muddy, all-one-note bass - the only time I've ever felt the need to change a speaker cable. That was with an Arcam/Monitor Audio setup.
Well, I guess we both believe it’s not too harsh, which seems to be the objective here! ;)

Did you ever try the 352 or did that put you off VdH? I’ve never owned it, but was surprised that two acquaintances with quite different systems favoured the more modest cable. (Van Damme 4mm Hifi was my default for several years, and it’s not a big investment. More recently I bought some used Atlas Hyper 3.5 which is similar to yours, I believe. Atlas seem to have discontinued it).

Last edited:
Well, I guess we both believe it’s not too harsh, which seems to be the objective here! ;)

Did you ever try the 352 or did that put you off VdH? I’ve never owned it, but was surprised that two acquaintances with quite diff systems favoured the more modest cable. (Van Damme 4mm Hifi was my default for several years, and it’s not a big investment. More recently I bought some used Atlas Hyper 3.5 which is similar to yours, I believe. Atlas seem to have discontinued it).
A chap from MA made a suggestion from Chord's range (which the speaker used internally), which solved the problem. He also suggested I change the interconnects, though I heard no difference whatever there. Make of that what you will!

Reactions: nopiano
A chap from MA made a suggestion from Chord's range (which the speaker used internally), which solved the problem. He also suggested I change the interconnects, though I heard no difference whatever there. Make of that what you will!
Some Chord cables are fine, especially the I/C. If the OP doesn't like in ya face tonality, avoid the likes of Odyssey. I found them wrong tonally and there was a very noticeable sibilance.

TRENDING THREADS