To my ears USB cables do make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Until today, I was using the Supra USB cable, to my ears no other USB cable came close in it's price range or above. Today, my Chord Shawline digital was received in the post and I quickly got down to business, listening to my favourite tracks, oh wow, oh my giddy aunt, it is good, very good, more ambience, more texture, I absolutely love it. I was in fear after spending almost four times the price of the Supra, I would be disappointed but this was held on a false premises, it is so good, The King is Dead, Long Live the King. My trusty Swedish friend, I hope you find a wonderful new owner on eBay.

Last edited:
Reactions: hifi

NSO

May 15, 2023
Visit site
Pleased for you. If you hear a difference then good. I swapped out a budget spdif cable to a Chord spdif cable and it made no difference at all. I didn't expect it to make a difference, digital. I am happy because I have a quality made cable and it is doing the job it is supposed to.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
If you are happy with your purchase then that's all that matters.

Can i ask what kit you are using this cable with ?
You're absolutely correct, what matters most, is being happy with the purchase.

I use the USB A output of my JF MX-Pro digital transport and this feeds into the Eversolo DAC-Z8 USB B input. I prefer this option to the PC (software XMOS drivers - JRiver software), I get a cleaner sound but also the JF allows me to play DSD512 natively, I only get DSD256 on the PC via PCM DOP conversion (XMOS).
The versatility of the Eversolo allows two USB input connections via the B and C USB. :)

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Pleased for you. If you hear a difference then good. I swapped out a budget spdif cable to a Chord spdif cable and it made no difference at all. I didn't expect it to make a difference, digital. I am happy because I have a quality made cable and it is doing the job it is supposed to.
Yes agree, the quality of the cable should be factored in also, the Chord is made to a very high standard. Really stiff cable but just enough to steer it in the right direction.

Gray

I can perhaps understand why but as I said it's irrelevant in this case.
The clue is in the title... "To my ears.."
I'd (respectfully) swap 'brain' for 'ears'.
It's the brain that interprets the information that it receives from the senses.

But the brain can be influenced by preconception.

The preconception in post #3 meant that that no difference was perceived.
Whereas in the OP #1, I suspect the opposite was (almost certainly) the case.

Last edited:
I'd (respectfully) swap 'brain' for 'ears'.
It's the brain that interprets the information that it receives from the senses.

But the brain can be influenced by preconception.

The preconception in post #3 meant that that no difference was perceived.
Whereas in the OP #1, I suspect the opposite was (almost certainly) the case.
Perceived or otherwise if the OP has decided there is an improvement then who are we to say otherwise.

Reactions: jjbomber

NSO

May 15, 2023
Visit site
You know a usb cable actually carries no sound or information of any kind right? So no one’s and zeros
Well the information is contained within a squarewave to replicate the 1s and 0s. Any short piece of cable unless it is faulty with high resistance will carry the same signal with the same end result. It can't make the 1s and 0s any more enhanced, or is there super 1s and 0s? My spdif cable is 0.5m long. Do a loop impedance test on any run of cable that short and you will see the same reading (unless of course it is faulty or poor quality copper etc...)

Reactions: WayneKerr

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
This thread is utterly pointless.
Well the information is contained within a squarewave to replicate the 1s and 0s. Any short piece of cable unless it is faulty with high resistance will carry the same signal with the same end result. It can't make the 1s and 0s any more enhanced, or is there super 1s and 0s? My spdif cable is 0.5m long. Do a loop impedance test on any run of cable that short and you will see the same reading (unless of course it is faulty or poor quality copper etc...)

Well the information is contained within a squarewave
NO information is carried full stop. I said nothing of enhancing 1 and 0's.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I can perhaps understand why but as I said it's irrelevant in this case.
The clue is in the title... "To my ears.."
Well observed! I said "To my Ears", I phased it so that it is open, so we can have a sensible debate :)
I am convinced USB cables make a difference, because even digital transmission relies on voltage and this can impact on the sound.

Reactions: Symples
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts