To my ears USB cables do make a difference.

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm not saying people are making this stuff up. If you believe you can hear an improvement, then fine. My point is, there is nothing physically different in the cable, which could possibly make this happen. One forum member a while back mentioned 'expectation bias' and you can make yourself believe many things. I recently cleaned all my kit, fastidiously making sure all the cables and connections and components were dust free etc. I reconnected again and believed I could hear an improvement in the sound quality. The following day, I wasn't sure if I could still hear this difference. The human mind can change your perceptions and I think it's this that changes how you feel about a particular sound and there is nothing fundamentally different with a cable, or fuse, or piece of wooden furniture etc. Mood and hormones are directly correlated to how you respond to external stimuli, sounds included.
Mood and hormones are directly correlated to how you respond to external stimuli, sounds included.

Absolutely, there's a lot of truth in that, sometimes I listen to my music and I'm not enjoying it as much and on another day, I'm loving it.
Do we all live in a bubble? Probably :)

Mood and hormones are directly correlated to how you respond to external stimuli, sounds included.

Absolutely, there's a lot of truth in that, sometimes I listen to my music and I'm not enjoying it as much and on another day, I'm loving it.
Do we all live in a bubble? Probably :)
I don't think it's a bubble I think people that may have spent hours doing a diligent 'spring clean' of their system down to contact cleaning plugs etc simply expect to hear a difference afterwards. And then, low and behold, they perceive that they do.
Repeatable? Seconded by another person?
I doubt it but, ultimately, who cares apart from you that obviously benefited

abacus

Your comments
Its like blood to Dracula,
"Why won't you die"! 😂

There are many valid counter arguments to that on various reputable websites.
But truly, it doesn't have to be so complicated, nor should we attempt to challenge ones disposition with psychosis alluding to someones mental capacity.
The ocean is vast and its great that it's so diverse. The metaphor, all opinions or stated facts have value.

Let's look at from face value,
If someone can hear the difference in sound quality thats OK or the flip side, if you can't detect any noticeable difference in sound quality that is also fine.
We all have free will or free choice to make our decisions and no one should be derided for that.
No one is being derided, everyone is entitled the their opinion, however when someone says that there opinion is a fact, then they must provide evidence.
There is verifiable evidence over decades that cables suitable for the job in hand will not make any difference to the sound, however there is NO verifiable evidence that they do make a difference to the sound. (It's just purely smoke and mirrors)

Bill

D

Deleted member 201267

No one is being derided, everyone is entitled the their opinion, however when someone says that there opinion is a fact, then they must provide evidence.
There is verifiable evidence over decades that cables suitable for the job in hand will not make any difference to the sound, however there is NO verifiable evidence that they do make a difference to the sound. (It's just purely smoke and mirrors)

Bill
What cables do you use Bill ?

abacus

What cables do you use Bill ?
KabelDirekt HDMI cables
Amazon Basics computer cables
QED 79 strand speaker cables
Pro studio RCA cables (Although I hardly need any of these)

I have been to many demonstrations of cables over the decades and always heard differences, however once all the variables where removed then there was no difference between any of them.

Bill

D

Deleted member 201267

KabelDirekt HDMI cables
Amazon Basics computer cables
QED 79 strand speaker cables
Pro studio RCA cables (Although I hardly need any of these)

I have been to many demonstrations of cables over the decades and always heard differences, however once all the variables where removed then there was no difference between any of them.

Bill
Thanks for the reply Bill.

Reactions: hifi and Jasonovich

Gray

Now it's getting silly...

Or, as I have often said of ridiculous things, "what a load of arse!"
The VAT alone on that cable is well over £5,000.
I would say, you couldn't make it up - but they do - price is arbitrary, plucked out of the air, bearing no relation to the cost of manufacture.
I hope they never manage to sell one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts