The active speakers club

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Mackie, pro only

http://www.mackie.com/products/studiomonitors/index.html#activemon

624_front.jpg

stuartybass

Dec 21, 2007
Visit site
Haleem123 said:
hi everyone at Active speaker club,

have to say very good forum, my system is a full 5.1 b&o system, beolab 8000, 6000, 4000, and 2. farther bought the system in 1994, checked the reciept to see what he paid for them and to my astonishment it was £6000, that was alot of money in them days especially for home cinema stuff. well we still have the gorgeous speakers and they still sound absolutely awesome, for a system that old, to me thay outperform many speaker systems that i have heard, i have heard my fair share from b&w's, wilson audio, ADM's, bose (pure crap), in pure movie terms thay are astonishing you can crank the volume to +10Db and they still sound crisp without any hint of distortion, many of the other systems i have heard once you get to -5DB they start to distort and they sound as if they will blow, lolz.

imo to have a proper home cinema system you need to at least spend £5000-8000 for the amp, speakers ets, and still people slate b&o for being overpriced, more style over substance etc. To my ears they are brill and i will never replace these speakers until they die on me, these speakers are built to last.

btw i aint no B&O geek i just love quality products and people who slate b&o are just haters, go audition them you will be astonished. these speakers are still fetching £1200-1700 in the second hand market and brand new they cost £2500 in 1994 so very in the resale market whereas many speakers wouldnt even fetch £100.

Hi Haleem. I've found it difficult to find much comment on B&O in audio terms, which I think is probably because of their cost new, but as you say the second hand market makes them more reasonable.

I was interested that you had also listened to other active speakers. Could you expand a bit on your listening experiences with them compared with the B&Os? I mean in terms of audio, rather than home cinema.

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Unafordable for most of us unfortunately

BM 50= 108 000 Euro

BM 35 = 56000 Euro

BM 14 = 15000 Euro

BM 2 = 5000 Euro and the cheapest

have a nice day

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
I can't believe I forgot this remote controlled DAC/Pre:

a_7b6fd51f2a.png

DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core

While it can be used as just a remote controlled DAC/Pre, it also has digital-domain parametric equalization; digital room correction from 80 Hz to 500Hz; it can even be used as a two-way digital-domain crossover with fully adjustable slopes and crossover frequencies.

It costs 1,100 USD.

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/20-dual-core.shtml

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Ajani said:

a_7b6fd51f2a.png

While it can be used as just a remote controlled DAC/Pre, it also has digital-domain parametric equalization; digital room correction from 80 Hz to 500Hz; it can even be used as a two-way digital-domain crossover with fully adjustable slopes and crossover frequencies.

It costs 1,100 USD.

This is a very interesting product but I cannot figure out the connections options. Is it out now?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
Ajani said:

a_7b6fd51f2a.png

It costs 1,100 USD.

This is a very interesting product but I cannot figure out the connections options. Is it out now?

I think it is ... and it will be reviewed hopefully soon ... here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts