Tannoy DC6T vs Monitor Audio RS6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Going to upgrade my Home-Cinema, I'm looking to buy 2 pairs of either Tannoy DC6T or Monitor Audio RS6. Reading reviews they seem to produce a similar sound (bright, fast, little bass - although the Tannoy seems to be better balanced). My problem is that I can't hear the Tannoy before buying them.

The Tannoy and Monitor Audio cost the same, and because of that, after reading reviews it seems that the Tannoy should be a much better purchase (5 start at 1000pound, should beat a much lower Retail price Monitor Audio).

I know that buying speakers without hearing them isn't the best one can do, but I don't really have much choice :(

If I like the Monitor Audio RS6, can I conclude that I will like the Tannoy DC6T more?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Patrick_:
Going to upgrade my Home-Cinema, I'm looking to buy 2 pairs of either Tannoy DC6T or Monitor Audio RS6. Reading reviews they seem to produce a similar sound (bright, fast, little bass - although the Tannoy seems to be better balanced). My problem is that I can't hear the Tannoy before buying them.

The Tannoy and Monitor Audio cost the same, and because of that, after reading reviews it seems that the Tannoy should be a much better purchase (5 start at 1000pound, should beat a much lower Retail price Monitor Audio).

I know that buying speakers without hearing them isn't the best one can do, but I don't really have much choice :(

If I like the Monitor Audio RS6, can I conclude that I will like the Tannoy DC6T more?

RS6 - little bass? Wrong!!

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
What amplification are you using, I think this will be a key player in the decision. The tannoy's ran for 2 years at best buy status if memory serve's correctly. not heard the RS.

I have listened to the DC4's, presentation is quite forward, dynamics were good, foot print relatively small and positioning is not too fussy. Bass was reasonable and fairly taught, not sure how much run time thay had had.

you should search the forum for the speakers, I'm sure you will find partnering suggestions for both. They will require mid to high end AV receivers to make the most of them.

HTH scoobie

A

Anonymous

Thanks for responding.

I'll buy a new receiver, because my corrent Sony isn't really good (it came in a AV-pack with Jamo speakers). Also, it doesn't support new blu-ray audio formats.

Same with the player. I used to use a Harman/Kardon DVD25, but I'll buy a blu-ray player soon.The receiver I'll buy depends on the speakers, as well as the upscaling capabilities of my next proyector.
p.s. Sc00bied00, what do you call "mid to high end AV receivers"?

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi Patrick,

these would lie around £1K bracket and up, Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, Onkyo spring to mind, partnering would be dependant on speakers, so I suggest a little browsing the forum. As always recommended you sholud try and listen to the combination where possible. If you have the option for home demo you should consider. the RS6 was a very popular choice, the newer RX6 is also very good and has better partnering options.

I would review or set a budget and take it from there. Spending large amounts to be unhappy with the outcome at home is costly excercise.

HTH - sc00bie

A

Anonymous

Thanks sc00bie. Over here a home-demo is almost imposible. Even with projectors it's hard to find a place that does.

I'll probably go for a Yamaha RX-V2067, because of the video processing and the 2 HDMI outputs.. I've looked at the RX-V3067 as well, but althought more expensive, doesn't seem to give better quality (just more functions).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts