system tune-up disc

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
having a clear out today and found an old system tune-up disc from isotek, freebie cd with hifi choice many years ago. popped it in the player and tried the speaker shakedown track sub sonic tones for exercising speaker cones, id say cones where jumping in and out about 1 inch or so. my question is do these discs do any thing or are they a gimmick.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have the Monitor Audio one, which I think was designed by Isotek. I guess it just warms everything up. Would be interested to hear some expert opinion.

idc

I nemof. I think that they are a gimmick, but an interesting one. I have seen test discs for sale for £15, so getting one for free is good. For a CD player you may as well use album tracks you know well for testing. There is maybe more of a point to a test disc for surround sound systems to help with setting up and speaker placement. Russ Andrews goes big style for reference recordings to give your hifi a work out.

A

Anonymous

idc:I nemof. I think that they are a gimmick, but an interesting one. I have seen test discs for sale for £15, so getting one for free is good. For a CD player you may as well use album tracks you know well for testing. There is maybe more of a point to a test disc for surround sound systems to help with setting up and speaker placement. Russ Andrews goes big style for reference recordings to give your hifi a work out.

idc its not a test disc it does things like demagnatize and speaker work out with noises and cliks etc

Messiah

emotion-40.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts