sub woofer for music?

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I am a bit of a bass fiend and want to add a sub to my current set-up.The sub will be used solely for music not home cinema so I`m looking for advice regarding the best musical sub. Budget would be up to £500.Thanks in advance for any replies.

A

Anonymous

Personally,i'm not keen on them,seem a bit disjointed to me,i'd prefer to put my money to a bigger pair of speakers to go lower and integrate better,it's quite difficult to get the main speakers and a subwoofer to matck the bass roll off with out sounding disjointing,as most people set them too high.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Yes,I would like advice on correct set up also,by disjointed do you mean there could be some lag between the main speakers and the sub? I know what you mean about setting too high as the bass becomes overpowering. I have read though that if correctly set up a sub in a music system can enhance the mid range as well as obviously the low end. I like my my bass to be "liver shaking" but not to the extent where it obscures everything else.I have a wide taste in music and not all of it is bass heavy but I do listen to quite a lot of funk and reggae and would like the option to take it as low as possible!

A

Anonymous

It's hard to get the crossover points right,from where the speaker rolls off,and the sub takes over.To me,a sub tends to give the effect of slowing the music down,I've never noticed it enhance the midrange personally.I prefer a tight,fast bass,where you can hear the bass stop and start instead of a muddy blur.
But as I said I'd look at £1000plus floorstanders than a £500 standmounter plus a £500,but that's just me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts