The Nad 3020 Appreciation Society

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Despite many a year passing i cant seem to leave this good old amp alone, the NAD 3020 is a classic. Despite its sound shortcomings in the company of today's modern amps i can still appreciate what it does do well, very much. I can just sit back and enjoy this amp for hours, i forget about nitpicking the sound and just enjoy it.

Anyone here still use their 3020 ?
Is there any amp around today that matches the character of the 3020 sonically ?
What modern cd player would bond well with the 3020 ?

I hope we can enjoy a bit of nostalgia with this thread !

Reactions: Steve983

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Both mine and my wifes old 3020s are still blasting away in the kids bedrooms with their various bits of new equipment . I was also recently given a 3020e which has an annoying hum but as it was free I can't really complain .Whether the quality is up to today's standards I couldn't say , but they have served us well for nearly 30 years ,so they don't owe us anything .

Nick

SteveR750

I will always have a soft spot for one of their new fangled amps, the 3130
emotion-1.gif
Easily one my favourite all time things that I own(ed)

Steve983

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Rather than start a new thread I found one from 14 years ago...

Back in 1983 or '84 I had a NAD 3020A which I liked but this was in the days when I was always chopping and changing my system and I probably didn't keep it for long. Since then its become more and more famous selling more than 1.2 million units and recently I acquired a fully restored one which is as good as new and sounds really good, so much so that I prefer it to my C316 BEE which I have just sold.

Anyway, anyone else here got one? Want to post a pic of yours and let us know how long you've had it etc.? I'd be interested to know if anyone has any definitive info on when the different variants; the A, B, e & i were introduced. I done some digging myself on the net and through my old 80's copies of What Hi Fi which I can share if anyone is interested.

Expecting a deafening silence ;)

Reactions: Rodolfo

nads

I had a 3130 that I bought new in 198something. Put it into storage in about 2007 when I got the 372 and 272. Sold the 3031 about 3 years ago. For a good price. Still sounded fantastic after cleaning the volume and balance pots.

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
Rather than start a new thread I found one from 14 years ago...

Back in 1983 or '84 I had a NAD 3020A which I liked but this was in the days when I was always chopping and changing my system and I probably didn't keep it for long. Since then its become more and more famous selling more than 1.2 million units and recently I acquired a fully restored one which is as good as new and sounds really good, so much so that I prefer it to my C316 BEE which I have just sold.

Anyway, anyone else here got one? Want to post a pic of yours and let us know how long you've had it etc.? I'd be interested to know if anyone has any definitive info on when the different variants; the A, B, e & i were introduced. I done some digging myself on the net and through my old 80's copies of What Hi Fi which I can share if anyone is interested.

Expecting a deafening silence ;)
Very interesting post and approach! I never had one, though I used only another 1984 integrated until about 5 years ago, and still use it.

I refer you to my favorite source; please support https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAD_3020

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts