Single Driver Bookshelf Speakers?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
All this talk about single material (which really just seems like moving goalposts to me) - has this arisen from the Voxativ posted? Because if that's the case, that metal bullet is just a phase plug. It doesn't move. Its job is to prevent high frequency interference. There is precisely zero reason to discount a 'full-range' driver (or wide bandwidth, to be more precise) because of its inclusion.
It's simply what the OP insisted on, he isn't going to find one though...

AJM1981

I personally like these when it comes to design, Have wondered about them. Maybe I will audition a pair once. Reviews are not really raving though, so I don't expect that they will really be a candidate to replace either my Evo 4.2 or Denton 85th.
0tannoy_autograph_miniow_02.jpg

I personally like these when it comes to design, Have wondered about them. Maybe I will audition a pair once. Reviews are not really raving though, so I don't expect that they will really be a candidate to replace either my Evo 4.2 or Denton 85th.
0tannoy_autograph_miniow_02.jpg
As Al says, they aren’t single driver, but a great example of Tannoy’s long-term love affair with coaxial drivers. If you like the idea, take an even closer look at Fyne’s new ‘vintage’ cabinet range.

Fyne is run by the best people who jumped ship from Tannoy a few years ago, and their latest models at The Bristol show were some of my favourites. Stunning modern sound with heritage woodwork. Beautiful!

Reactions: AJM1981

AJM1981

As Al says, they aren’t single driver, but a great example of Tannoy’s long-term love affair with coaxial drivers. If you like the idea, take an even closer look at Fyne’s new ‘vintage’ cabinet range.

Fyne is run by the best people who jumped ship from Tannoy a few years ago, and their latest models at The Bristol show were some of my favourites. Stunning modern sound with heritage woodwork. Beautiful!
Vintage-Five-3Q-Goff.jpg

Apart from the correction. Will keep it in mind and keep an eye on the company, their loudspeakers look great.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
1 way: Bad
2 way: Better
3 way: can be good, can be bad (that's what 'she' said).

Attachments

• 1 way.jpg
    1 way.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2 way.png
    2 way.png
    982.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 3 way sony.jpg
    3 way sony.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1
  • B&W.jpg
    B&W.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 1

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
A set of these "full range" ones is available locally. They are not bookshelf, but they sure are skinny and pretty. Maybe a power-saw conversion??

TRENDING THREADS