Merantz cinema 70
Dali oberon 5
Dali vocal
Dali rears
Svs 1000 Pro sub
Eversolo dmp-a6 streamer
This is my first ever set up so am a total newbie to all of this
It was originally purchased for 80 % movies 20 music
But since having this I have got back into my music and now it seems to be used the other way round .far more for music
So my next step is to get a stereo amplifier
I have a 2000 pound budget
Upgrade on speakers will come in a year or so
So any suggestions. For a new . Not second hand stereo amp would be much appreciated .
Thanks j

Do you still want to connect your 5.1 speakers? Or will you simply go ‘stereo’ now?

How about sources? Obviously the streamer, but do you want to plug in a video player or any other AV kit? Or maybe a turntable or CD player?

The decision is whether to get a better quality AV amp or a stereo one only (as you state) and lose the centre and surround speakers.

Welcome to the forum!

jase1975

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Do you still want to connect your 5.1 speakers? Or will you simply go ‘stereo’ now?

How about sources? Obviously the streamer, but do you want to plug in a video player or any other AV kit? Or maybe a turntable or CD player?

The decision is whether to get a better quality AV amp or a stereo one only (as you state) and lose the centre and surround speakers.

Welcome to the forum!
No the the stero amp will only be for floor standing speakers . The dali oberon 5 . Later to be upgraded .don't need cd player. No turntable . Just streaming only . I am happy with the av i have for movies .

jase1975

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site

Welcome to the forum!
The 5.1 set up will just be for the movies with the av. Floor speakers for the stereo amp

Dr-G

Sep 9, 2022
Visit site
Th obvious choice would be a Marantz model 50...
Connect to front speakers and use the "front pre-out" connections on the cinema70 to feed the model50's "Power Amp direct in" connection when you want to do movies.
Connect the eversolo to the model50 for best quality stereo-only playback.
Should play well together from a sound perspective, if you like the MArantz sound that is!

Reactions: gotnoname

jase1975

Feb 16, 2024
Visit site
Th obvious choice would be a Marantz model 50...
Connect to front speakers and use the "front pre-out" connections on the cinema70 to feed the model50's "Power Amp direct in" connection when you want to do movies.
Connect the eversolo to the model50 for best quality stereo-only playback.
Should play well together from a sound perspective, if you like the MArantz sound that is!
Don't know y . But I wanted to try something else rather than merantz .cannot answer why that is

Reactions: Dr-G
As a stand alone amplifier, the Marantz Model 30 is available within your £2k budget if you shop around.

For example:- https://www.hifix.co.uk/marantz-model-30-intergrated-amplifier

If you can wangle a discount, then the Exposure 3510 would be superb, but the list price is now £2,400.

These are just my personal thoughts. Lots more to read here, for example…

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Doesn't the Cinema 70 sound very good when in Stereo Sound Mode?
Perhaps trade it in for a Cinema 60 or 50?
Then Cinema 70 is a bit of a wiener... with a cheap transformer, cheap folded cooling fins and the slim line chassis doesn't allow for good spacing of components for noise reduction.
I'm sure that the Cinema 50 would drive those Oberon 5's with ease. Of course, there is always the issue of it having 2 cooling fans... we don't know how much noise they make!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr-G

gasolin

Sell the Marantz cinema 70 and buy a better surround amp for that money + the 2000

If you only want a power amp or integrated amp, get one with ht pass thru

Holden Caulfield

Jan 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi there . I am looking to buy a stereo amplifer. That I can conect to my av
Current set up
Merantz cinema 70
Dali oberon 5
Dali vocal
Dali rears
Svs 1000 Pro sub
Eversolo dmp-a6 streamer
This is my first ever set up so am a total newbie to all of this
It was originally purchased for 80 % movies 20 music
But since having this I have got back into my music and now it seems to be used the other way round .far more for music
So my next step is to get a stereo amplifier
I have a 2000 pound budget
Upgrade on speakers will come in a year or so
So any suggestions. For a new . Not second hand stereo amp would be much appreciated .
Thanks j
Look at Emotiva amps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts