admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Help please...?!

I have a Arcam Muso/Logo system hooked into my Yamaha DSP AX 863SE amp...I have run the auto calibration on the amp but I'm not entirely happy with the sub - it does seem to be overpowering the rest fo the speakers...

On the Logo Sub, there is

A Crossover Frequency dial

A volume dial

A phase switch

A Crossover Q dial (described in the manual as "The X-Over Q setting controls the slope of the trace beyond the cutoff frequency, in dB/octave. The aim is to make a ‘mirror image’ match with the slope of the high-pass filter – a steep cut-off of the high-pass filter from the sound processor/receiver should be matched by a steep cut-off of the low-pass filter from Logo. Similarly, if the sound processor/receiver provides a more gradual cut-off, the X-Over Q setting should have a lower value."

Try though I may, I cant get the sub "balanced" - so the question is, should the auto calibration on the amp pick up these settings or is it a case of mucking around with them on the sub manually?? If so, are there any recommended settings for these dials bearing in mind I have 5 matching Muso speakers partnered up in the system in a very average sized living room

Grateful for advice

Alex

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I have the Arcam logo setup - apply the settings from the manual xover freq 90, xover q 0.5, volume 8 phase 0 and leave alone, re run setup and tha amp will assign volumes to all - if the sub is still to loud just use the control on the amp to reduce the volume of that channel slighty to taste, not the volume on the sub. Setup tests are great as a starting point but i alsways find that you end up making slight alterations to suit the room and your tates - i for example always turn my centre up - just the way i like it.

TRENDING THREADS