Spotify with Wireworld Ultra USB cable

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
Well as the Spotify thread seems like a hot topic at the moment, I thought I would share with you my experience of my latest upgrade. I needed a new USB cable for my Mac as I've only got one and need to use my rarely utilised printer! Decided to take a punt on a Wireworld USB Cable. It arrived this morning and I've been doing a like for like demo on my cheapo PC World cable. Results are pretty amazing.

The SQ from my Mac in to the amp was pretty good before, but the cable has made a surprising difference. Its almost as if the old cable was holding back a little and the Wireworld is just squeezing every last drop of music from the track. Bass is a little lower, and the vocal on Erycah Badu's Baduism are a little more pronounced and forward. Altogether a very pleasurable sound from a fifty quid upgrade. My thoughts about buying Cyrus 8SE cd player are slipping further down the priority list. [:)]

I wasnt expecting much if any improvements, based on the old "its only 0's and 1's" argument (and the fact I have tried a variety of HDMI cables with TV viewing and found no visible difference). However, I can thoroughly recommend this cable for any digital music listeners.

idc

Now get a mate to do a blind ABX test on you and your two cables, then report back if you really can hear a difference without any outside influences.....
emotion-11.gif

JohnnyC

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Is there really a difference? I have yet to see or read any scientific argument that suggests there is a fundamental and distinct sound difference between one USB audio cable and another. I also bought the Wireworld to replace a cheap USB cable. Initially I thought it sounded fabulous and used it for a couple of weeks. I then tried the cheap USB and miraculously it sounded as good as the Wireworld - or the other way if you prefer. I kept the Wireworld due to it's length. Anyway, I firmly believe that you will hear what you want to hear. It's also interesting to note that no one gave a blind bit of notice to USB audio cables until fairly recently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts