Chord Mojo lightning to USB-C cable

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
I replaced the battery today in my Chord Mojo, and it now powers up and works with my amp and Wiim Mini. It does not work when connected to my iPhone X using the camera adapter cable and lightning to USB-A cable. Either the camera adapter has failed, or it is no longer compatible due to iOS upgrades.

So, will the Chord Mojo work with my iPhone X and the official Apple lightning to USB-C cable?

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I replaced the battery today in my Chord Mojo, and it now powers up and works with my amp and Wiim Mini. It does not work when connected to my iPhone X using the camera adapter cable and lightning to USB-A cable. Either the camera adapter has failed, or it is no longer compatible due to iOS upgrades.

So, will the Chord Mojo work with my iPhone X and the official Apple lightning to USB-C cable?

Take the dac with you to john lewis, an apple authorised dealer or Apple themselves (assuming you're in the UK) before buying a hideously expensive cable and ask if they have one laying around you can try.

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
Take the dac with you to john lewis, an apple authorised dealer or Apple themselves (assuming you're in the UK) before buying a hideously expensive cable and ask if they have one laying around you can try.

I could, then I’d be obliged to pay £20 as I don’t like trying in a shop, then buying elsewhere. I can get the Apple cable for £10, hence my question. And no, not on eBay, I’m sure genuine Apple cables on eBay are fakes.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I could, then I’d be obliged to pay £20 as I don’t like trying in a shop, then buying elsewhere. I can get the Apple cable for £10, hence my question. And no, not on eBay, I’m sure genuine Apple cables on eBay are fakes.

If you can get one for a 10er that's a good deal for an Apple cable. Worth looking in john lewis at there clearance section. I got an Apple trackpad last year for 15 quid lol didn't ask i just picked it up bought it as quick as possible! Never know they might have a cable for a couple of quid.

Noddy

Mar 16, 2023
www.EnglishFungi.org
FWIW the camera adapter allows the iPhone or iPad to connect to and read a USB flash drive. Well, my camera adapter doesn’t, so it must be bust. I have ordered a third party one from a UK vendor, Apple prices are gaga.

I tested the Mojo with my Wiim Mini and amp, and compared the sound to the amp + Wiim Mini usng the optical connection. I’m damned if I can hear a difference. The amp contains a standard DAC chip, £10 on eBay. The Mojo is currently £500. Am I the only one who loathes the Mojo user interface? It does look nicely made,

Mr. Reeee

Aug 2, 2022
Visit site
FWIW the camera adapter allows the iPhone or iPad to connect to and read a USB flash drive. Well, my camera adapter doesn’t, so it must be bust. I have ordered a third party one from a UK vendor, Apple prices are gaga.

I tested the Mojo with my Wiim Mini and amp, and compared the sound to the amp + Wiim Mini usng the optical connection. I’m damned if I can hear a difference. The amp contains a standard DAC chip, £10 on eBay. The Mojo is currently £500. Am I the only one who loathes the Mojo user interface? It does look nicely made,
I have a Mojo 2. It is beautifully made and quite cool looking. Sounds great to me.
The”interface” you call it? That’s rather kind of you. I think it was stolen from an 80s VCR.

As far as cables go, forget standard USB-C to Lightning cables, unless you use the Apple Camera Connection Kit adaptor. That works fine with my iPhone 13 Pro, but it’s a bulky kludge.
For transferring photos, I use an Apple USB-C SD Card Reader.

On another thread on the cable subject there are a couple of cable suggestions.
https://www.audioconcierge.co.uk/portfolio/chord-mojo-lightning-cable-mfi06/

The last one I just ordered to try out.
I have a similar USB-C to USB-C cable, which is nicely made and looks cool, too.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts