SPEAKERS sorted by how they Sound

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
CnoEvil said:
nopiano said:
I’ve not heard any current generation Tannoy, so maybe it’s silly of me to suggest. But the big dual concentric ones, both the huge luxury models, and the recently re-invented Ardens etc were always warm and rich. In a sense they deployed the “cabinet as speakers” much like the thin-walled Spendor and Harbeths do. Conversely the Tannoys around £800 to £1500 always struck me as having added excitement, a bit like Naim amps. And JBL speakers.

Would you put Wilson Audio in Neutral? I think I would.

IMO. There isn't "Silly", only opinion on what you've heard.

I think I'm putting Tannoy Legacy into 4 and Wison Audio into 2.
Agreed! Thanks. :)

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
This list will be updated, added to, or changed as necessary - All feedback and further suggestions welcome.

1. Slightly foward of neutral

- Focal; Triangle; Monitor Audio; Elac**; Leema Acoustics; Klipsch; JBL(Domestic)**; TAD

2. Fairly Neutral

- ATC; PMC; Previous Kef Ref; Gamut; Tannoy; Neat; Acoustic Energy; Usher; Totem; Vivid; Ophidian; Eclipse; Canton; Wilson Audio

3. Slightly Warmer than neutral

- Dynaudio; Kef Ref/LS50; ProAc; Diapason; Q Acoustics; B&W**; Dali; Linn; Cambridge Audio; Amphion; Heco Direkt; B&O; Meridian; Taga Harmony

4. Smoother and Richer

- Opera; Rega; Epos; Kef R Series; Audio Physic; Spendor; Sonus Faber; Wharfedale; Tannoy Legacy Models

5. Old School/Traditional

- Harbeth; Spendor Classic; Audio Note; Classic Sonus Faber

**Inconsistant between models

Focal Aria 905/906's are anything but bright, and imo should be in 4 or 5

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hawkwind16 said:
CnoEvil said:
This list will be updated, added to, or changed as necessary - All feedback and further suggestions welcome.

1. Slightly foward of neutral

- Focal; Triangle; Monitor Audio; Elac**; Leema Acoustics; Klipsch; JBL(Domestic)**; TAD

2. Fairly Neutral

- ATC; PMC; Previous Kef Ref; Gamut; Tannoy; Neat; Acoustic Energy; Usher; Totem; Vivid; Ophidian; Eclipse; Canton; Wilson Audio

3. Slightly Warmer than neutral

- Dynaudio; Kef Ref/LS50; ProAc; Diapason; Q Acoustics; B&W**; Dali; Linn; Cambridge Audio; Amphion; Heco Direkt; B&O; Meridian; Taga Harmony

4. Smoother and Richer

- Opera; Rega; Epos; Kef R Series; Audio Physic; Spendor; Sonus Faber; Wharfedale; Tannoy Legacy Models

5. Old School/Traditional

- Harbeth; Spendor Classic; Audio Note; Classic Sonus Faber

**Inconsistant between models

Focal Aria 905/906's are anything but bright, and imo should be in 4 or 5

I certainly think Focal has made the Aria range a bit less forward. IMO That might drop it down one group (two at the most)...all imo.

So I am happy to put the Aria Range in 3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts