speakers for Creek A50i

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
Creek A50i has been boxed up for a while during short term house moves. It was previously partnered with a small pair of ALR Jordans but I suspect the amp had a bit more to offer....

Will be calling some dealers and spending an afternoon or two demoing (with the amp) but would be great to have a shortlist as a starting point.

EPOS makes sense - perhaps someone has input on matching up new EPOS with old Creek?

Just ruling in/out different speaker manufacturers would help me enormously. Standmount / floorstanding undecided - maybe someone with a better understanding than me will tell me the amp is better suited to standmounts???

Please point me in the right direction.

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Evening.

Epos are a great match for any creek equipment. M5i and M12i standmounters can be had for very reasonable money. For a different choice I can personally recomend the Usher S520's truely outstanding speakers. I use them with my Creek evo2 amp. Superb stuff, but I do have to say they take an age to run in at least 60-70 hours before they really come alive.

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply. My a50 doesnt have the same grunt as the evo so i'm leaning towards the m5i of the older models.

When comparing the newer Epos Epic models they have higher sensitivity, am I right in thinking my amp will easily drive these?

A

Anonymous

Definetely Epos loudspeakers are a safe choice. Anyway, Creek amplifeirs are quite neutral and, therefore, you can choose speakers that fit your taste.

fatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
haven't replaced my speakers yet.

my creek a50i has been described as leaning towards warm and cosy and doesnt have a huge amount of grunt. am i right in thinking that i need to be looking at 8ohm speakers with high sensitivity?

bit confused with impedance / sensitivity.....

i still intend to take the amp out for an auditioning day but am also keen to take a punt on an ebay purchase.

tannoy dc4 look like good candidates if i am right with my high sensitivity assumption?

anyone got any great suggestions that partnered an older creek amp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts