Speakers for Creek Destiny 2

Rallye666

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, looking to maybe partner some KEF LS50's with my Creek Destiny 2 amp. I've heard a few stories of how they eat amps for breakfast so just making sure my destiny is up to it! It's rated at 100w per channel.

i currently have a pair of Tannoy DC6t and I'm looking to tighten up the bass as I think they are a bit big for my small room (5x3m, speakers firing across the room)

any other alternatives around £800?

Obvious choice would be some 2nd hand Epos Elan 10 or 15

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The 2 best speakers around the £800 mark are probably the LS50s and the ATC SCM 7s. I think the Creek will be fine with them, provided you are listening at half sensible levels.

The Q Acoustics Concept 20s are substantially cheaper and though not as good, provide excellent VFM.

Rallye666 said:
Hi all, looking to maybe partner some KEF LS50's with my Creek Destiny 2 amp. I've heard a few stories of how they eat amps for breakfast so just making sure my destiny is up to it! It's rated at 100w per channel.

i currently have a pair of Tannoy DC6t and I'm looking to tighten up the bass as I think they are a bit big for my small room (5x3m, speakers firing across the room)

The Creek should have no problem driving the LS50s. I heard them with Arcam A19 briefly. Very good speakers.

If you like Tannoy and wish to tighten the bass, I had a dem last week of Tannoy Precision 6.1. Very good speakers.

Creek pair well with Monitor Audio silver range. Others to look at the s/hand market: PMC DB1i or TB2i should do the trick nicely.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
get a demo at home with the LS50 - your room although not small, is a big decider if the LS50 will work or not with your room acoustics

Rallye666

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, tannoy precision 6.1 is also on my shortlist, especially as it seems to be discounted quite heavily at the moment.

kef ls50

tannoy 6.1

epos elan 15

I'll take my time with some home demos, or maybe take a punt on eBay if anything cheap crops up!

steerike

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Rallye666 said:

everything you mention is **** - ditch it and get something good. Also, burn the stuff you have now and grind it into a powder then blow it up your own bumhole yeah?

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
steerike said:
Rallye666 said:

everything you mention is **** - ditch it and get something good. Also, burn the stuff you have now and grind it into a powder then blow it up your own bumhole yeah?

cse said:
steerike said:
Rallye666 said:

Rule number one.:- You do not ask what speaker to match that amp.

Totally irrelevant if the speaker does not work in your listening room.

When will they ever learn?

Audio Maniac

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
A model I am sure will be a good partner to your amp is Dali Mentor Menuet mini monitors. They produce well controled tight bass you are after.

Rallye666 said:

TRENDING THREADS