Speaker upgrade for Creek Evo 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
All the suggestions are darn good, but don't dismiss the Kefs. The most recent Kef experience was hearing the R300s. The owner had them driven by a £300-ish Yamaha A-S 500, and they sounded cracking on that alone. When I plugged them into my Leema it took them to another couple of levels.

Clearly there's too many to home demo with the pandemic in mind, so you'll have to decide what sort of presentation will keep you listening. If you're looking for ultimate refinement the LS50s are in pole position, but if you're looking for a more organic presentation then Totem, Monitor Audio or Harbeth are a better bet.

Also if you like to listen at idling levels, generally speaking the best speakers are the ones with easier loads, impedance of 8 ohms and 86 dbs upwards tend to be better. This rules out the Totems, Harbeths and LS50s as they need a decent levels to hear them at their best. Monitor Audio and Dalis would fit that bill better.

Like you I don't change my gear on a regular basis but that proves that finding something you can live with pays dividends.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Another speaker I forgot to mention is Epos. Creek and Epos were based together and therefore should be a cracking match. Worth investigating, assuming the OP looks in again.

Reactions: Al ears

Scaffy

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Thanks again for all the suggestions, apologies not replied before now.

I decided on the Dali Oberon 5's, arrived today. First impressions of them on my system is a grin on my face. Not a audiophile so won't try reviewing using the jargon. But compared to my old quads, I am having fun listening to my music on CD and BS node2i. Just always felt that was missing from the quads, they had there pluss points but just a bit dull to me.

Looking forward to the Dalis running in if out of box is sounding this good. Hifi just got good again

Reactions: rainsoothe
Thanks again for all the suggestions, apologies not replied before now.

I decided on the Dali Oberon 5's, arrived today. First impressions of them on my system is a grin on my face. Not a audiophile so won't try reviewing using the jargon. But compared to my old quads, I am having fun listening to my music on CD and BS node2i. Just always felt that was missing from the quads, they had there pluss points but just a bit dull to me.

Looking forward to the Dalis running in if out of box is sounding this good. Hifi just got good again
Congrats. They seem to work well across all genres. Excellent all-rounders. Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts