Running in BR2s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I just got a pair of Monitor Audio BR2s and was wondering if it was essential to run them in, how long for and at what volume? In the manual it says swap the channels at the back of one speaker, place about one inch apart facing each other and play at low volumes for about 16 hours. Could somebody please share any suggestions, thank you.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Choppy_Balboa"]Hi, I just got a pair of Monitor Audio BR2s and was wondering if it was essential to run them in, how long for and at what volume? In the manual it says swap the channels at the back of one speaker, place about one inch apart facing each other and play at low volumes for about 16 hours. Could somebody please share any suggestions, thank you.[/quote]

Just listen to them as you normally would. It'll be fine.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi there, running the speakers out of phase against each other allows you to drive them whilst the volume is generally cancelled out, thus speeding up the running in process. As Masterbluster says though, you can just use them normally and after a few weeks they will have been run in naturally.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thank you for the quick replies, just wanted to be on the safe side. :)

A

Anonymous

I just got my pair yesterday, I can hear them running in as I speak. I'm Running them out of phase, at 1pm today they would have been running in for 24hours. I think the manual recommends 50 hours, but after this 24H I will use them as normal for the rest of the run in time. Enjoy

A

Anonymous

Yea face to face with a duvet over to mask the noise as there in my room. Am I right in thinking that only one of the speakers needs to be out of phase to counter balance (can't remember the technical term) the other? Just as a noise reduction method.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts