Pioneer bdp 320 - any ideas?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'M LOOKING FOR A BLURAY PLAYER THAT HAS VERY GOOD DVD PLAYBACK, AS WELL AS GREAT BLURAY PICTURE. I HAD PLANNED TOGET A PANASONIC BD60, BUT I SAW A DENON DVD1800 BD WHICH I THOUGHT DID A GREAT JOB WITH DVD. SINCE THAT I'VE DECIDED TO INCREASE MY BUDGET TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: PIONEER BDP51F, PANASONIC BD60, DENON DVD1800BD, AND PIONEER BDP320. COULD THE WHATHIFI TEAM GIVE ME THERE OPINION AS TO WHICH ONE OFFERS THE BEST DVD/BLURAY PICTURE? (I DONT CARE ABOUT SOUND, PROFILE 2.O ETC) HAVE YOU SEEN THE PIONEER 320 YET, DO YOU WHEN YOULL DO A REVIEW, AND IS IT LIKELY TO BE BETTER THAN THE OTHERS? THANKS I'D APPRECIATE ANYBODY ELSES INPUT AS WELL. THANKS!

Pioneer, Panasonic, Denon and Sony all make excellent blu-ray players that are great DVD upscalers.

There's no point in buying the Pioneer BDP 51FD as it's an outgoing model which is also very slow to upload. The newer Pioneer BDP 120 & 320 are cheaper and slightly faster, with many clever features. They will be launched in the next 2-3 months.

The new Panasonics BD60 & BD80 are very good. I don't think you'll gain very much by going for the more expensive BD80....BD60 is good enough.

Sony is launching S360 and S560 in the coming months which are supposed to be very good.

I don't know much about Denon, but I heard they make great players.

If you don't care about the sound......have a look at PS3. It's an excellent allronder. It's a superb blu-ray player, and also a very good DVD upscaler. I have one, & don't feel the need to go for a dedicated blu-ray player just yet. Plus, I get to play games, watch sites like youtube online, and surf the internet. It also wirelessly plays music and videos from my laptop. I can even view pictures wirelessly. People say that sound is better on a dedicated player, but I'm more than happy with the sound on my PS3. There's not much difference in the picture quality as compared to dedicated players.

A

Anonymous

HI, THANKS FOR YOUR POST. I HAVEN'T CONSIDERED A PS3 BECAUSE I ALREADY HAVE AN XBOX360, WHICH I'M MORE THAN HAPPY WITH, AND I'M NOT REALLY TOO KEEN ON GETTING ANOTHER CONSOLE, ALTHOUGH I AGREE, A PS3 IS A GREAT ALLROUNDER AND GOOD VALUE - I JUST WOULDN'T USE IT MUCH FOR GAMES OR INTERNET. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE EXTRA £120 OF THE NEW PIONEER WOULD GET ME A BETTER PICTURE. I WAS CONSIDERING THE PIONEER 51 BEFORE I FOUND OUT (ON THIS FORUM) THAT THE 320 WAS OUT ALREADY, AND I COULD GET THE51 FOR BETWEEN £280 - £300, WHICH IS GREAT IF IT DELIVERS BETTER DVD/ BLURAY PICTURES THAN THE PANASONIC DB60.

A

Anonymous

the_ilhc,

I get that its annoying, which is why I apologised
for it. I was using my iphone because i don't have internet at home
until virgin install it tomorrow. On my iphone, for some reason it lets
me type the subject in lower case, but i haven't firgured out how to
turn off caps in the main message, apart from pressing shift before
each letter, which as you can imagine would take for ever - if anyone
knows how to turn off caps, please let me know (only had the phone for
2 days and still figuring things out). Caps come on automatically.

Again,
I apologise for the use of caps, i dont like them either, and if you
look at my previous posts, before this weekend, you would see that i
dont usually use caps.
P.s. using a pc right to right this post, which is why this one is in lower case.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts