A dilemma. A new disc spinner.

nads

So my NAD T585 is of for repairs. But let’s say it is no possible.

What is out there that does the following. CD, HDCD,DVD-A,SACD?

And has HDMI and RCA two channel out (5.1 analogue out would be a plus)?

There seems to be nothing out there.

I do have a 4k Blu-ray player but that does not support many formats.

Is it time to think about a new BLU player for the multi channel play back and a “new” CD player?

Rodolfo

Jul 31, 2023
Visit site
I appreciate and enjoy a turntable, internet tuner, and a DAP; but, two CD carousels are my life lines. A Sony CA8ES is my prime music source and about a month ago, I panicked when the display went out on it. I called Sony right away to help me troubleshoot it, and scrambled around town next to see who could rescue me and got nowhere. Miraculously, the display re-appeared after a couple of weeks or so and I am relieved and happy!

BUT, since that display-less scare, and respecting, understanding that the Sony has been toiling ably for many years now, I started to shop for alternatives/answers/new lifelines; and even after the CA8ES returned, I felt, I understood that I needed a backup, and stayed on the lookout. I shopped in town and checked the auction site regularly and patiently. Then, just several nights ago, I came upon a CA9ES! No (same as mine) remote, but looking nice otherwise, at a quite fair price and shipping charge. I grabbed it and look forward to seeing it by 21:00, per tracking info. We'll see, but I'm sure looking forward to being in a more secure musical position very soon.

Prepare, patiently. Best of luck.

I'm pretty sure I haven't got any amongst the about the same number of CDs.
(Maybe the odd one).
Likewise I have none, nor do I own anything in the DVD-A format but I can understand some might and require something to play them on.
Even my old Oppo doesn't support DVD-A so it can be an issue.
I don't see that anything new is likely to come on the market that include these formats as they have been extinct for too long and never really took off in the first place unlike SACD which is still being produced.
That said there is one that could fit all requirements, even has 7.1 / 5.1 analogue out, and that's the Reavon UBR-X200, however it isn't cheap......but nor was the NAD when first released.
I said could fit all requirements however I don't think it supports HDCD but as they are backward compatible with CD it shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gray

daytona600

CD, HDCD,DVD-A,SACD And has HDMI and RCA two channel out (5.1 /7.1 analogue out would be a plus)?
Universal Disc player + HD extraction box

CD, HDCD,DVD-A,SACD And has HDMI and RCA two channel out (5.1 /7.1 analogue out would be a plus)?
Universal Disc player + HD extraction box

I don't see where the disc spinner is.

Reactions: nopiano

nads

Likewise I have none, nor do I own anything in the DVD-A format but I can understand some might and require something to play them on.
Even my old Oppo doesn't support DVD-A so it can be an issue.
I don't see that anything new is likely to come on the market that include these formats as they have been extinct for too long and never really took off in the first place unlike SACD which is still being produced.
That said there is one that could fit all requirements, even has 7.1 / 5.1 analogue out, and that's the Reavon UBR-X200, however it isn't cheap......but nor was the NAD when first released.
I said could fit all requirements however I don't think it supports HDCD but as they are backward compatible with CD it shouldn't be an issue.
That Reavon looks like it is the business at not stupid money.

Let’s see how the repair goes.

Reactions: Al ears

nads

Unfortunately it's about twice as much as my Oppo was and they're pretty similar in what they offer.
Just heard back. 4 capacitors changed and it is up and running again.

Will be turning it off in future as the Micro power cuts we get here are not good for the electronics.

On a side note the cheap camper van TV is toast.

Just heard back. 4 capacitors changed and it is up and running again.

Will be turning it off in future as the Micro power cuts we get here are not good for the electronics.

On a side note the cheap camper van TV is toast.
Sad to hear about TV, fortunately a new one is probably cheaper than a new disc spinner....
For what it's worth all of my equipment is turned off when not going to be used for a while.

TRENDING THREADS