Philips 47PFL9632D - 4:3 Problems? And is the Sony X series better?

Rhythmwiz

Jan 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Looking for some info and advice again - having had to reject plasmas and Samsung LCDs due to the reflectiveness of their screen, I had come down to a choice of Sony (KDL-52W3000 or KDL-X3500/3000), but then I read some glowing reviews of the Philips Cineos. However, though they really liked the picture and thought Philips' 100HZ possibly even better than Sony's Motion Flow, they took issue with the fact that 4:3 material was forcibly stretched to fill the screen and that there was no way to watch it in the correct aspect ratio. Can anyone who has reviewed or bought one of these Philips screens shed some light onto this issue for me please? Is it in fact the case that 4:3 material can't be viewed properly on the Philips?

And as regards the Sony, are the Bravia Engine Pro and the Motion Flow 100Hz on the X3500 a real improvement over the W3000? What Hi-Fi gave them both 5 stars so I'm in a real quandary over them!

Thanks again, people.

A

Anonymous

Loads of problems with the Sony KDL-40X3500 , smearing , motion blur , fan noise , clouding , i had mine for about 4 weeks and started to go wrong.I have been reading the 08 batch are better

Even in the US mega problems reported with above

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sony-KDL40X3500/

If you do buy the Sony KDL-40X3500 of luck you might get a fault free

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts