my panasonic 50v20 review ...

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

maxflinn:gel, didnt that store swap around a few different sized v20's for you already?
i still think this question may be relevant
emotion-40.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:maxflinn:gel, didnt that store swap around a few different sized v20's for you already?
i still think this question may be relevant
emotion-40.gif

Yep Max they swapped the 50v20 for the 42v20 which they did not have to do but the 42V20 was really bad, so i asked them the next day could they swap it back and they did which i was grateful for.

But ever since i have had it back i have had blurred images.

With the cosumers direct people i know were telling it would just be a waste of time, so i did not, now i am thinking i should have, i just wanted to 1. not spoil my relationship with the dealer - which has lasted many years. 2. I thought i would give them the every chance to set it right.

A

Anonymous

well gel, the dealer should have contacted panasonic, he didnt, and he's abused you're trust, so do you want to leave it? take the hit and keep you're er, good relationship with your dealer ?

or do you want to recover you're money?

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

well gel, the dealer should have contacted panasonic, he didnt, and he's abused you're trust, so do you want to leave it? take the hit and keep you're er, good relationship with your dealer ?

Well my family who also buy from them and are also friends are just telling me to leave it, i mean i have been taking there advice on this and telling them what people have been saying on here as well.

At the moment i am just going to leave it today.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Gel, you don't have a good relationship with this store, they are ripping you off.

They are the ones who must think they have the good relationship cos it all seems to be in their favour.

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

Is there much else i can do now Max? i certainly wanted my money back, which i have now most of, but can i now get more?

Cheers
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

yes gel, you can get the rest back, it may take a few weeks but it can be done..

you need to follow and act on whatever advice given , 6th replicant is the best man to advise you, im sure he'll pick this up and help you, but you must do as he says
emotion-21.gif

ps.. hope you dont mind me putting you forward 6th
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Max they said it was okay instore when they looked at it, but it certainly was not here. So they said they could not send it back to panasonic because it was okay in the shop.

A

Anonymous

well the sellar of the tv should not have made that call, he should have arranged for panasonic to look at the tv, as they will mine, their opinion is the only one that matters..

now maybe panasonic would have said there is nothing wrong with the tv, maybe not, but they need to see it, and give their opinion, and then you can take it from there..

im not sure where you go from here gel, you probably should have went through this with us lot on here first, before accepting the stores terms, but its done now, i think you should contact the store, explain that you're not happy with losing £250, and ask them for the money, if they refuse then politely inform them that you are going to take legal advice, and they will hear from you soon, then let em sweat for a few days, see what happens..

A

Anonymous

maxflinn:
well the sellar of the tv should not have made that call, he should have arranged for panasonic to look at the tv, as they will mine, their opinion is the only one that matters..

now maybe panasonic would have said there is nothing wrong with the tv, maybe not, but they need to see it, and give their opinion, and then you can take it from there..

im not sure where you go from here gel, you probably should have went through this with us lot on here first, before accepting the stores terms, but its done now, i think you should contact the store, explain that you're not happy with losing £250, and ask them for the money, if they refuse then politely inform them that you are going to take legal advice, and they will hear from you soon, then let em sweat for a few days, see what happens..

gel, i meant to say they should have seen it, a bit late now
emotion-5.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:
yes gel, you can get the rest back, it may take a few weeks but it can be done..

you need to follow and act on whatever advice given , 6th replicant is the best man to advise you, im sure he'll pick this up and help you, but you must do as he says
emotion-21.gif

emotion-1.gif

Not at all.

But we do all seem to be going round 'n' round re Gel's TV.

Gel, I did warn you that the store might try the 'it-works-fine-in-our-workshop...' routine.

It's quite simple - do us all a favour, including, more pertinently, yourself, and simply call Consumer Direct and explain the situation. As mentioned in previous posts: the advice is free; the advisors really do know their stuff; they're patient, understanding and keen to help - and they will help you retrieve your £250.
emotion-1.gif

Phone 'em now: 08454 04 05 06.

Nothing else to add, really.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
6th.replicant:maxflinn:

emotion-21.gif

emotion-1.gif

Not at all. But we do all seem to be going round 'n' round re Gel's TV.Gel, I did warn you that the store might try the 'it-works-fine-in-our-workshop...' routine.It's quite simple - do us all a favour, including, more pertinently, yourself, and simply call Consumer Direct and explain the situation. As mentioned in previous posts: the advice is free; the advisors really do know their stuff; they're patient, understanding and keen to help - and they will help you retrieve your £250.
emotion-1.gif
Phone 'em now: 08454 04 05 06.Nothing else to add, really.

You got your TV up n' running yet or still tidying? What kind of man are you that a new TV doesn't take precedence over all else!!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

ive never looked forward to a review so much in my life
emotion-4.gif
, i gots to know
emotion-11.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

6th.replicant:maxflinn:

emotion-21.gif

emotion-1.gif

Not at all. But we do all seem to be going round 'n' round re Gel's TV. Gel, I did warn you that the store might try the 'it-works-fine-in-our-workshop...' routine. It's quite simple - do us all a favour, including, more pertinently, yourself, and simply call Consumer Direct and explain the situation. As mentioned in previous posts: the advice is free; the advisors really do know their stuff; they're patient, understanding and keen to help - and they will help you retrieve your £250.
emotion-1.gif
Phone 'em now: 08454 04 05 06. Nothing else to add, really.

Cheers the 6th
emotion-21.gif

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
gel:Cheers the 6th
emotion-21.gif

My pleasure
emotion-1.gif

The folks in the shop where you bought the TV ain't your friends - friends don't give one another the run-around, hide behind spurious protocols or pinch £250 off you.

Your mates are on this forum, many of whom have given you some useful advice
emotion-5.gif

So per-leeeeeeease - in the name of Ayrton Senna's ghost! - call Consumer Direct ASAP.

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
AEJim:You got your TV up n' running yet or still tidying? What kind of man are you that a new TV doesn't take precedence over all else!!
emotion-2.gif

I did initiate telly installation...
emotion-10.gif

Have this strange 'hallway' downstairs, which is arguably large enough - 17ft x 15ft - to be a sitting-room? So, I thought I'd re-locate hifi/'desk'/iMac/sofa/chairs etc to this 'sitting-hall', thus clearing more space in the sitting-room upstairs for TV/AV amp/5.1 speakers/shelving-for-DVDs etc and sofas etc.

So, assemble Blok 500 hifi rack (IME the most frustrating piece of self-assembly, ever) set-up hifi, and... it sounds 'orrible 'cos the only spot to place speakers is by some tall(ish) arched windows, which're obviously screwing with the hifi's acoustics a treat
emotion-39.gif

Can't carry Blok 500 upstairs 'cos it weighs c. 60kg and it's very cumbersome. Ergo, had to dis-mantle/re-assemble Blok and reconnect hifi upstairs - and it's now 22:20. And I'm very hungry. But I can't get into the kitchen 'cos it's full of 100s of empty cardboard boxes
emotion-3.gif

PK350 will have to wait 'til tomorrow. Ooo, just realised, once it's unpacked, I'll have yet more piles of cardboard and polystyrene...
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

Nice, but i think you desperatly need to get yourself an equipment rack! and either put your front speaker on the rack or raise your tv a bit to avoid missing that bit of the bottom due to the speaker.

A

Anonymous

jst23:Nice, but i think you desperatly need to get yourself an equipment rack! and either put your front speaker on the rack or raise your tv a bit to avoid missing that bit of the bottom due to the speaker.cheers, im going to put a piece of wood or something under the tv for a while, cut to shape, maybe look at getting an av stand in a few months...

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
6th.replicant:AEJim:You got your TV up n' running yet or still tidying? What kind of man are you that a new TV doesn't take precedence over all else!!
emotion-2.gif

I did initiate telly installation...
emotion-10.gif
Have this strange 'hallway' downstairs, which is arguably large enough - 17ft x 15ft - to be a sitting-room? So, I thought I'd re-locate hifi/'desk'/iMac/sofa/chairs etc to this 'sitting-hall', thus clearing more space in the sitting-room upstairs for TV/AV amp/5.1 speakers/shelving-for-DVDs etc and sofas etc.So, assemble Blok 500 hifi rack (IME the most frustrating piece of self-assembly, ever) set-up hifi, and... it sounds 'orrible 'cos the only spot to place speakers is by some tall(ish) arched windows, which've obviously screwed up the hifi's acoustics a treat
emotion-39.gif
Can't carry Blok 500 upstairs 'cos it weighs c. 60kg and it's very cumbersome. Ergo, had to dis-mantle/re-assemble Blok and reconnect hifi upstairs - and it's now 22:20. And I'm very hungry. But I can't get into the kitchen 'cos it's full of 100s of empty cardboard boxes
emotion-3.gif
PK350 will have to wait 'til tomorrow. Ooo, just realised, once it's unpacked, I'll have yet more piles of cardboard and polystyrene...
emotion-7.gif

Hah, moved house myself a couple of months back and faced all the same issues - no good room for Hi-Fi really (acoustically) so settled for an old Aego P5 system on the projector in the man room, not high end but pretty fun
emotion-1.gif
- still have a garage full of empty boxes though!

A

Anonymous

any news gel? are you using you're old philips tv at the moment? any ideas what tv you will buy next? another v20?

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:any news gel? are you using you're old philips tv at the moment? any ideas what tv you will buy next? another v20?

Well Max, it is like this i have quite a few conversations with my family and now we are going to share the bill.

Thanks for all the advice under any other circumstances guys i would have followed it up straight away but the people involved have done load of things for me and my family in the past - they really have.

Also alot of strange things happened from the minute i had the first tv.

I am
emotion-11.gif
, nope i am using a 26inch samsung lcd i have the philips got sold which i really regret now but made that decision when i got the panasonic 50inch back - i never thought so many other things were going to happen.

Not a clue Max what to do now, i still cannot quite understand what happened here. I have got a few things going on in my life at the moment which might mean i could possibly do things that are not possible at the moment for me though which could be quite good.

I cannot see me going back to the V20 i mean so many things happened with it and all those settings as well would come into play again.

Looks like i am going back to doing demos for a while i am looking forward to reading the next issue of what hi fi and Clare has already said there are going to be quite a few more tvs reviewed before the awards. I probaly take real note to what is said in the next few issues.

Cheers
emotion-21.gif

How about you what do you think will happen now with you?

A

Anonymous

I wish I had the money to just right off £250!

After reading this thread I feel sorry for you Gel. I think in the future you should avoid the shop in question. Without delving I wouldn't think that an AV shop can do that much for someone outside of giving advice, demo and maybe a wee discount. Thats their job!

What/where is the shop in question. One for people to avoid me thinks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts