my panasonic 50v20 review ...

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Sorry but I completely understand where Gel is coming from...

Not all of us have the luxury of having several differrent proffesional retailers in our area, particularly if you live outside of the UK. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just accept that's the way it is. What I would say to Gel though is that next time you not go so easy on them, once is one thing but to let them continue in the way they have is not acceptable, eventually it will mean that it costs the same to go to a more expensive retailer and start a new, healthier relationship.

He asked what his options were and they were expertly given. I dont see why one should feel insulted simply because he didn't take the advice given.

A

Anonymous

Going by my experience with this years Panasonic plasmas I don't think Max is going to see much improvement with another tv. Reading all the stuff on here regarding issues with returning stuff, I have got away lightly. I'm on my 4th tv in just over 2 months and have had no bother returning them.

I do hope for his (and our) sake the new tv is all he expects and deserves it to be.

As for Gel he seems to have gone with his heart rather than his head. Come on! we've all done that at some point. Maybe not to as greater financial loss. He seems to have a good faily bond, something I don't so good on him. I just hope he learns from this, I have. I also hope we get the random Gel back. manbags, rock tees and all.

A

Anonymous

I'm looking forward to reading Max's review.

I myself went through a few philips 9664's and it's amazing how no 2 tv's ever seems to be the same. So with a bit of luck he'll get lucky with this one.

However I can see where Andrews coming from though regarding Max's view on the tv, it's hard to say it's the best tv or even a brilliant tv when it has a flaw so obvious it spoils your viewing enjoyment. If a new Toyota came out which was a brilliant in every way but say for example the brakes didn't work properly....would it be a brilliant car?.......................hang on a minute.

Good luck Max :)

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
If motion blur is Panasonic's 'this year's (not quite) black', I wonder what new flaw its 2011 TVs will have?
emotion-4.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

6th.replicant:If motion blur is Panasonic's 'this year's (not quite) black', I wonder what new flaw its 2011 TVs will have?
emotion-4.gif

Hi the 6th, i changed my mind just phoned them but now i have to send the shop a letter quoting the sale of goods act and being sold a faulty item and that i am entitled to a full refund and to see how that goes, what do you think guys?

Thanks

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
gel:
6th.replicant:If motion blur is Panasonic's 'this year's (not quite) black', I wonder what new flaw its 2011 TVs will have?
emotion-4.gif

Hi the 6th, i changed my mind just phoned them but now i have to send the shop a letter quoting the sale of goods act and being sold a faulty item and that i am entitled to a full refund and to see how that goes, what do you think guys?

Thanks

Finally! That's the spirit.

I assume the Trading Standards/Consumer Direct (TS/CD) advisor told you which template letter to download and amend as appropriate?

In my experience, as soon as a retailer twigs that a punter is being advised by TS/CD, then it'll cough up any monies owed etc pronto.

So send that letter asap, via recorded delivery and addressed to the company's/store's managing director by name and title
emotion-5.gif

Thereafter, you'll be amazed how quickly things will fall into place - in your favour
emotion-2.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

6th.replicant:gel:

emotion-4.gif

Thanks

Finally! That's the spirit. I assume the Trading Standards/Consumer Direct (TS/CD) advisor told you which template letter to download and amend as appropriate? In my experience, as soon as a retailer twigs that a punter is being advised by TS/CD, then it'll cough up any monies owed etc pronto. So send that letter asap, via recorded delivery and addressed to the company's/store's managing director by name and title
emotion-5.gif
Thereafter, you'll be amazed how quickly things will fall into place - in your favour
emotion-2.gif

Nope, did not advise on any template letter to download, which one is this?

Thanks
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi,

I have some excellent news, i had a letter this morning with the rest of the money so i now have a full refund.

Also in the letter it was made known that i and my family still have a relationship with the shop and look forward in the future to continuing that relationship.

I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone for your advice also including:

6th, Andrew, Clare, Max, Bobby, Bretty, Duol, Nsygrinner, Joelsim, daveh75, Mikey2008, f1only and laserman (i think i have included everyone who replied) and also anyone else if i missed someone from earlier on.

Cheers guys
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Great news! I'm glad it has all worked out in the end. It's always nice to hear some good news. I take it the hunt is now on for a new tv? Any ideas of a shortlist or are you waiting for the awards issue to give some pointers?

D

Deleted member 2457

NSYGrinner:Great news! I'm glad it has all worked out in the end. It's always nice to hear some good news. I take it the hunt is now on for a new tv? Any ideas of a shortlist or are you waiting for the awards issue to give some pointers?

Cheers guys
emotion-21.gif
it was definetely starting to weigh on my mind alot.

I have been looking at some sony tvs and even reserved one the other day but i think it is best i take my time on this.
emotion-21.gif

My options are limited here but i am thinking one with 200hz at least is the way to go.

Cheers Mate
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts