PC Surgery

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Talk about a tight fit, not much gap between the case and the GPU. You certainly got your measurements right! Are you using a standard GPU vertical bracket or did you customised the fitting yourself? Nicely done :)
The manual said that the max GPU length was 350mm and this one is 338mm. I did have a worry some moment when fitting as I thought I may have to dismantle more to get it in but a bit of a twist and it went in fine. Phew!

I've not got a bracket on this. I thought that the bracket was only requited in a vertical MB orientation setup? Please correct me if I'm wrong though so I don't end up with it sagging / snapping!

Didn't have to get the Dremel out for the case at least...!

Corsair PSU Cable landed and it's all up and running.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
My bad, I see it now, the MB rests across the case not on the side, that's why I thought the GPU was vertically mounted! :) That's clever. MB's usually lie at the side of the case!

Good job getting the GPU fitted inside your case :)

Judging by the photo's I can't see any sagging , I don't think you need a bracket to prop up the sag. but for peace of mind, there's no harm in getting a small jack bracket like the one I use in my case, they're about £6-£7 on eBay.
1717756073462.png

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
When I initially saw the LED Ironman Arc MK2 Arc Reactor, I thought, yes there's something missing in my custom PC and this will cure it. There's always a fine balance between something that's cluttered and somethings that's too clinical. I think that hits the spot.

It's like something out of War of the Worlds, it flickers orange from the centre, like it's about to project deadly energy beam. If you can recall the scene where the priest gets vaporised thinking he can preach God to the aliens, yeah better not stare at it or utter hail Mary! :ROFLMAO:

I had to construct in my head, how am I going to make this work, that was the challenge for me. The first thing was the connection, how am I going to connect MK2 Arc Reactor to my PC motherboard. It had a standard USB fit so that was no problem but I didn't want to thread it outside the case, I wanted it discrete and inside the case. I got from another vendor 9 pin USB motherboard adapter to USB A female, which allowed me to connect to the Arc.
Also, on AliExpress I purchased 360o bicycle/camera clamp. This is no flimsy plastic, made from quality metal. As you can see from the photos, I was able to manipulate the shape and have it attached to GPU vertical mount.

It’s worth noting, the Arc is touch sensitive, so if I tap the table, I can switch it on or off, absolutely brilliant. Very pleased with the purchase.
IMG_20240621_135523.jpgIMG_20240622_145946.jpgIMG_20240622_150127.jpgIMG_20240622_151326.jpgIMG_20240622_151329.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Timbot and DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts