What's the most sensible HiFi purchase you've recently made or likely to make in the near future; Or, the most pointless HiFi purchase you've made?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I bought a 2nd hand Rega Aria, but the seller has gone quiet after saying they’d post it a week ago 😢

I think that means I should proceed straight to my local dealer & audition an Aria with a P6 immediately. That in no way would be an outrageously unnecessary purchase.

I’ve checked with a 100% real expert & there is nothing I could possibly do with my current setup to improve it: align the cartridge, weight or tracking, properly clean my records or anything else, all completely pointless said they. No option but to buy more expensive equipment.

We'll have to agree to disagree...

I'm really not. For starters

You've been touting EverSolo all over forums recently

You've already decided price is a relevant factor.

If you think this won't influence your comparisons then you really are a lost cause!

Added to that, there's the fact you attribute magical properties to bits of wire, and seem "open minded' to all manner of audiophiles BS.
This is also erring on the personal, so let's be respectful of others even when we aren't of their views. See forum rules.

Thread back on topic please, gents.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
On reflection and; I think we desperately need to bring this thread back on track below are my lists of best and worse HiFi buys.

In no particular order

The Best Purchases
Jurassic (S)park! B&W DM4 - vintage loudspeakers
Sudgen A21 Class A 12 watt amplifier
Musical Fidelity Reference 4 speakers
Edison DIY class A 12 watt mono block tube power amp (purchased two from WHF and setup in bridged configuration)
Marantz CD-73 player
Kef Coda
Logic DM101 turntable

The Worse Purchases
Pioneer HiFi rack system from Moore's Catalogue
MS MS55s speakers
QED thick multi strand cables
Toshiba HD-DVD
Anything Bluetooth

Worthy mention
HK 650

The contenders?
Topping E50
Eversolo DAC Z8
WiiM Pro Plus
ADAM TV5
Hifiman Edition XS
Focal Sub One
Singxer SA1

Edit:

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing, I suspect it's colouring my perception of the actual sound but it does leave a nice gooey glow in your stomach. :)

1693559493782.png
1693559631820.png
1693559750436.png
1693560326658.png
1693561882295.png1693562965239.png

1693562126712.png

Attachments

• 1693562102168.png
    1693562102168.png
    580.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1693562607763.png
    1693562607763.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Dom

Last edited:

daveh75

I'm doing no such thing!

Though, It's clear you have no understanding of what I'm saying, but I'll let someone else explain it to you, as you're clearly just trolling now, and I've better things to do...

Dom

I'm doing no such thing!

Though, It's clear you have no understanding of what I'm saying, but I'll let someone else explain it to you, as you're clearly just trolling now, and I've better things to do...
Once again all you have done is insult a persons intellegence. If you have a point to make present an argument not an insult.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Once again all you have done is insult a persons intellegence. If you have a point to make present an argument not an insult.
Let it slide Dom, I've shown considerable amount of restraint. You know I had good cop, bad cop and the sneaky one, won't call names.
In hindsight I should have triggered the Ignore button long ago, please do the same, clearly isn't worth dealing with people who may have anger management issues.
The whole spirit of the forums, is to exchange ideas, have fun and be respectful, even when we're talking c**p.
Thanks for sticking up for me, I appreciate it, let sleepy dogs lie I think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts