What's the most sensible HiFi purchase you've recently made or likely to make in the near future; Or, the most pointless HiFi purchase you've made?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjbomber

Please to hear it.
My order from Amazon should be arriving any time soon. I'll make some comparisons WiiM Pro Plus DAC against five times the price Eversolo DAC Z8 and it'll be interesting to see how close it comes to the Golden Boy :)

Edit:
Sorry I'm a person who's working in finance who can't add up, the Eversolo is three times the price...maybe I need a holiday.
Wiim Pro SNRdb121, Eversolo 128db.
Wiim Pro THD+N -113dB, Eversolo -120dB

So the Eversolo should win, the should relating to whether you can actually hear the difference. As per usual, those who can afford the Eversolo will tell you they can, while those who can't afford it will tell you they can't hear any difference. C'est la vie.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Wiim Pro SNRdb121, Eversolo 128db.
Wiim Pro THD+N -113dB, Eversolo -120dB

So the Eversolo should win, the should relating to whether you can actually hear the difference. As per usual, those who can afford the Eversolo will tell you they can, while those who can't afford it will tell you they can't hear any difference. C'est la vie.

Hee Hee point taken :)
Actually I'm starting up this thread, I set up the WiiM this morning and brief listening session with both DACs...................maybe you can help steer me in the right direction (y)

Dom

Why doesn't that surprise me Dom?

Your post (#54), the one that's been deleted:
If you were to make such an unprovoked verbal attack to the wrong person out on the street.....it could be the last thing you do.
Take it easy.

Just being honest 👍
Except it wasn't, it was the downstairs neighbour and it was planned. daveh75 should show some manners.

I'm a nice person with a loving family, I know when people aren't being charitable and look at jasonovich, he's been ridiculed so many times because of posters horrid comments. There the ones who make mistakes, there the ones wont see the light of day.

Just sayin. (y)

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
This thread has approached DEFCON 1 !!!
I had no idea what it meant, I had to look it up.....KaaaaBoooooM :ROFLMAO:

It increases in severity from DEFCON 5 (least severe) to DEFCON 1 (most severe) to match varying military situations, with DEFCON 1 signalling the outbreak of nuclear warfare. DEFCONs are a subsystem of a series of Alert Conditions, or LERTCONs, which also include Emergency Conditions (EMERGCONs).

WayneKerr

I had no idea what it meant, I had to look it up.....KaaaaBoooooM :ROFLMAO:

It increases in severity from DEFCON 5 (least severe) to DEFCON 1 (most severe) to match varying military situations, with DEFCON 1 signalling the outbreak of nuclear warfare. DEFCONs are a subsystem of a series of Alert Conditions, or LERTCONs, which also include Emergency Conditions (EMERGCONs).
Never seen Dr Strangelove then? :)

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
No he wasn't riding the bomb but probably one of his best films, playing multiple roles. It's always a good watch and well worth a revisit.
I would check it out thanks....Brilliant actor and comic
I recall that scene in one of the Pink Panther movies

Does your dog bite (pigeon French)?
The bartender replies No
Come here doggy
Seller's reaches his hand out to the dog or tries to stroke it
Dog bites
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite
That d'is not my dog

Love those old movies.

Friesiansam

Oh classic.
I was wee high, was it Peter Sellers doing the rodeo on the bomb as it was dropped from the plane.
No, it was Slim Pickens.
pickens-bomb-20171208.png

doifeellucky

Never seen Dr Strangelove then? :)
Wargames always springs to mind.

Here’s a blast from the past (no pun intended).

View: https://youtu.be/Xef60FAN6Vk?si=XptwqPjnnqQfdAT0

On topic the DACs I own all sound the same to me, but used in different scenarios, so not completely pointless. Mojo 2 is the most pointless in terms of sound quality improvement per pound. I’m also underwhelmed by my Hifiman Edition XS and Grado 325x. Best value, Google Chromecast Audio. £17 from Currys. Bought a few of them.

Reactions: Cricketbat70

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
Wargames always springs to mind.

Here’s a blast from the past (no pun intended).

View: https://youtu.be/Xef60FAN6Vk?si=XptwqPjnnqQfdAT0

On topic the DACs I own all sound the same to me, but used in different scenarios, so not completely pointless. Mojo 2 is the most pointless in terms of sound quality improvement per pound. I’m also underwhelmed by my Hifiman Edition XS and Grado 325x. Best value, Google Chromecast Audio. £17 from Currys. Bought a few of them.
I didn't buy enough. Bought one when they first launched and then when they announced they were being discontinued bought two more. Should have bought three more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts