PC Surgery

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site

Timbot

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Talk about a tight fit, not much gap between the case and the GPU. You certainly got your measurements right! Are you using a standard GPU vertical bracket or did you customised the fitting yourself? Nicely done :)
The manual said that the max GPU length was 350mm and this one is 338mm. I did have a worry some moment when fitting as I thought I may have to dismantle more to get it in but a bit of a twist and it went in fine. Phew!

I've not got a bracket on this. I thought that the bracket was only requited in a vertical MB orientation setup? Please correct me if I'm wrong though so I don't end up with it sagging / snapping!

Didn't have to get the Dremel out for the case at least...!

Corsair PSU Cable landed and it's all up and running.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
My bad, I see it now, the MB rests across the case not on the side, that's why I thought the GPU was vertically mounted! :) That's clever. MB's usually lie at the side of the case!

Good job getting the GPU fitted inside your case :)

Judging by the photo's I can't see any sagging , I don't think you need a bracket to prop up the sag. but for peace of mind, there's no harm in getting a small jack bracket like the one I use in my case, they're about £6-£7 on eBay.
1717756073462.png

TRENDING THREADS