Question Marantz DV7001 fix/replace?

Dcatto

Jan 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Marantz 7001 DVD player which displays “No disc” when trying to play a disc. It’s pretty old now, so question is, is it worth getting it fixed, or has tech moved on enough that it’s cheaper to buy a new player for not much money that’ll be the same quality?

Any info gratefully received!

Dcatto

Jan 22, 2022
Visit site
Might be more bother/expense than it's worth. Time to upgrade to blu ray, surely?
Tbh I was thinking that, still got original TV from same era (Pioneer PDP 428XD) so thinking replacing both.
Saw couple of Sony TV’s I liked a few months ago (no idea about models), were about £1300 and quality looked great!
Assume that kind of money on a TV and few hundred on a Blu Ray would knock spots off my old kit now?

D

Deleted member 197450

Tbh I was thinking that, still got original TV from same era (Pioneer PDP 428XD) so thinking replacing both.
Saw couple of Sony TV’s I liked a few months ago (no idea about models), were about £1300 and quality looked great!
Assume that kind of money on a TV and few hundred on a Blu Ray would knock spots off my old kit now?
I would buy the 4K/Blu-ray player first and see how Blu-ray looks on your excellent Pioneer plasma - you are in for a treat. Then if you get bored of it then look to upgrade your TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts