Lucy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Thompsonuxb said:
Check it out Dave. Granted its Not Lucs finest work - it was missing a Bruce Willis/Jason Statham character but it still featured something to do with France - let's hear your opinion on it..... :)

Those categories can they be mixed?
Watched it last night... :)

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Thompsonuxb said:
Check it out Dave. Granted its Not Lucs finest work - it was missing a Bruce Willis/Jason Statham character but it still featured something to do with France - let's hear your opinion on it..... :)

Those categories can they be mixed?
Watched it last night... :)

And........?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
Thompsonuxb said:
Wasn't very detailed was it. I think I need to subscribe to something to get the full article.....like that's gonna happen.

I was hoping it would give real detail. It says nothing really.

tongue in cheek, but if you can't work out how to google for the results yourself, you sure as hell ain't going to be able to understand it ;) :p

Lol....you underestimate me so, It's a load anyway.

Unless they explain were the particles go during the transition state and or actually teleport a solid object..... I'll reserve my googling time on things like how the Mission 750LE sound.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
And........?
I agree with BB - started off promising, but then went well OTT! I'm not sure Luc Besson would be my first choice for tackling a movie like the beginning of Lucy, and probably not even for tackling a movie like how Lucy ended. At first I thought we were going to get something to really think about, but all hopes were dashed once the car chase started. I like action films, but they need to match up to the likes of True Lies for me.

I don't know what systems you guys have who have seen it, but there's some serious LFE during the opening soundtrack! Can't seem to track down any official OST release for it at the moment, as I want to see if it was mixed that way for the film, or if the CD contains that bass too!

Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
People, only 200 years ago, thought flying was a divine quality and it's not possible for humans to be airborne. They considered diseases as a wrath of God only until 60 years ago.

They also would of found the concept of moving pictures transmitted through the air impossible to fathom.

I accept that.

But these are mechanical advances not evolutionary ones.

There lies the crux.

That's why to a degree the Matrix was so revolutionary. In cyberspace - mans own creation all these abilities are possible.

In 'God's' universe not so, that's an opinion.

The unspeakable horrors that took place for modern medicine to exsist as we know it though is a whole other topic.

How can we set boundaries to what man can achieve? Quantum teleportation has already been successfully demonstrated in a lab.

Quite easily. Physically there are limits, consider most of man's achievements are aided by 'tools' - to exists outside a physical realm and maintain individuality and all the emotional cubbins that go's with it is an interesting idea though.

What would happen if you had a billion such beings?

Would it be the equivalent of death or the state we are in before conception?

Do you have a link ref quantum teleportation?

All that man needs is better understanding of Physics.

If the universe is like rolled up paper that many theorists believe, wormholes are entirely possible.

I dunno - understanding physics does not make the impossible possible without the aid of tools.

That theory ref 'rolled up paper'......

The sphere is the universal shape - all known bodies within our universe is spherical.

Indeed, from the big bang theory the sphere would be the natural shape of the universe.

The universe expanding away from point 0.

Time to is consistent with the sphere. Everything moving to a single clock away from point 0. (black hole theory being questionable)

Well, by my calculations anyway.... :)

How do you know what's impossible without mankind understanding Physics completely?

Universe being a sphere is just another theory, like a rolled up paper! Not proved yet, and impossible to prove given the current limitations in understanding of Physics. :)

Thompsonuxb said:
cheeseboy said:

Wasn't very detailed was it. I think I need to subscribe to something to get the full article.....like that's gonna happen.

Wikipedia isn't too bad for a change:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Thompsonuxb said:
And........?
I agree with BB - started off promising, but then went well OTT! I'm not sure Luc Besson would be my first choice for tackling a movie like the beginning of Lucy, and probably not even for tackling a movie like how Lucy ended. At first I thought we were going to get something to really think about, but all hopes were dashed once the car chase started. I like action films, but they need to match up to the likes of True Lies for me.?

I don't know what systems you guys have who have seen it, but there's some serious LFE during the opening soundtrack! Can't seem to track down any official OST release for it at the moment, as I want to see if it was mixed that way for the film, or if the CD contains that bass too! 

Watched it on Sky in standard def - the sound is never has robust as heard on a b-Ray or DVD....sure it was in pro-logic too.....may have been in DD....

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
People, only 200 years ago, thought flying was a divine quality and it's not possible for humans to be airborne. They considered diseases as a wrath of God only until 60 years ago.

They also would of found the concept of moving pictures transmitted through the air impossible to fathom.

I accept that.

There lies the crux.

That's why to a degree the Matrix was so revolutionary. In cyberspace - mans own creation all these abilities are possible.

The unspeakable horrors that took place for modern medicine to exsist as we know it though is a whole other topic.

How can we set boundaries to what man can achieve? Quantum teleportation has already been successfully demonstrated in a lab.

Quite easily. Physically there are limits, consider most of man's achievements are aided by 'tools' - to exists outside a physical realm and maintain individuality and all the emotional cubbins that go's with it is an interesting idea though.

If the universe is like rolled up paper that many theorists believe, wormholes are entirely possible.

I dunno - understanding physics does not make the impossible possible without the aid of tools.

The sphere is the universal shape - all known bodies within our universe is spherical.

Indeed, from the big bang theory the sphere would be the natural shape of the universe.

Time to is consistent with the sphere. Everything moving to a single clock away from point 0. (black hole theory being questionable)

How do you know what's impossible without mankind understanding Physics completely?

Universe being a sphere is just another theory, like a rolled up paper! Not proved yet, and impossible to prove given the current limitations in understanding of Physics. :)

Lol...... We'll see what they'll do in our lifetime......

The sphere theory me thinks has more substance.

I can't think of any 'natural' object ever shown on the NG science channels picked up on satellite that's tubular.....

How'd they come up with that theory?

And do we exists on the circumference or down the middle?

And in which direction is it expanding.....?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
cheeseboy said:

Wikipedia isn't too bad for a change:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_teleportation

Lol.....

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
BigH

They did not teleport anything.

The method used by Willy Wonka in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory has more credibility.

If the day comes and a method to accelerate the molecules in a solid body upto the speed of light converting it to energy transmit it as a radio wave and reassemble it in its solid state as a whole then fair play.

Teleportation could well be possible. From what I read they have not achieved it.

Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:

I accept that.

There lies the crux.

I can't think of any 'natural' object ever shown on the NG science channels picked up on satellite that's tubular.....

Einstein's Theory of relativity.

http://m.space.com/17661-theory-general-relativity.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11360840/Wormhole-to-another-galaxy-may-exist-in-Milky-Way.html

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/plasma-can-be-so-tubular

Now, if you remember the film, the wormhole was formed next to a dense planet (Saturn).

With regards to the ending of Lucy, the Professor in his speech mentioned that preservation of knowledge is paramount for every species and they pass it on from generation to generation. In a favourable environment, the species may choose reproduction for it. In an unfavourable environment, the species may choose immortality. That's why they showed Lucy become immortal. Stupid, I know. But that's what the Director intended to show.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:

Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:
Thompsonuxb said:
bigboss said:

I accept that.

There lies the crux.

Einstein's Theory of relativity.

http://m.space.com/17661-theory-general-relativity.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11360840/Wormhole-to-anoth...

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/plasma-can-be-so-tubular

Now, if you remember the film, the wormhole was formed next to a dense planet (Saturn).

For the links

I go to these links with great enthusiasm only to be disappointed.

Those tubes happen within earths atmosphere they don't count like cyclones or whirlpools.

The wormhole at the centre of the galaxy replaces the blackhole.

These scientists......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts