Loewe TVs

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I have know about these tvs for years because my local retailer sells them, i was just wandering what other people thought to them?

I have to admit i have never took much notice of them but i am thinking of looking into them more anyone else know anything about them?

Thanks

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
gel:

I have know about these tvs for years because my local retailer sells them, i was just wandering what other people thought to them?

I have to admit i have never took much notice of them but i am thinking of looking into them more anyone else know anything about them?

Thanks

Gone off the Phillips then Gel.
emotion-1.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

laserman16:gel:

Thanks

Gone off the Phillips then Gel.
emotion-1.gif

How did you know?
emotion-4.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:won the lotto gel
emotion-5.gif

Maximus i brought a new tv on friday.
emotion-7.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:loewes arent exactly el cheapo gelimoto
emotion-1.gif

Guess which one i brought? and guess what's happened to it?

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:an lx6090 and youve sent it to me
emotion-4.gif
emotion-10.gif

Trust me if i had done i would not be sending that anywhere

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

emotion-6.gif

well go on then son , what did you buy
emotion-4.gif

Come on Max you must know? the philips 40plf9704
emotion-9.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:seriously ? why did you send it back ?

A washed out, woeful freeview tuner, dodgy sound even though better than most, i know it was silver and had seen it, but just could not stand it after a hour watching it.

The picture could sometimes be very good other times certainly not worthy.

It was not a patch on my current tv or a pioneer plasma. Very, Very disapointed.

A

Anonymous

ah thats a shame gel , i would have thought you would have loved that set , pity ..

so your now thinking sony ?? the pana 42v20 is very very kuro like gel
emotion-5.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

ah thats a shame gel , i would have thought you would have loved that set , pity ..

so your now thinking sony ?? the pana 42v20 is very very kuro like gel
emotion-5.gif

Max i only took it back a hour and a half ago, right now i am pretty disillusioned with the whole thing.

I got it friday, did not want to say anything because i was unsure whether i was going to keep it.

D

Deleted member 2457

When i demoed it was in Balboa Spain, i don't know if they are slightly different out there but i was definetely nowhere near 100% happy.

A

Anonymous

gel:When i demoed it was in Balboa Spain, i don't know if they are slightly different out there but i was definetely nowhere near 100% happy.

you mean the 9704 or the v20 ??

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

gel:When i demoed it was in Balboa Spain, i don't know if they are slightly different out there but i was definetely nowhere near 100% happy.

you mean the 9704 or the v20 ??

I

I demoed the 9704 in Balboa Spain, i am off to lick my wounds, talk to you later mate
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

Looks like i am going to seriously considered a Panasonic then Max, what's the difference in sound between the G and V ones?

Also there seems to be an led 42 inch one and 42 plasma the V, what's better?

Cheers

Loewe TVs are very good, but not value for money. Quality wise, they're better built than the Panasonics & LGs.

If you're looking at plasmas, look at the Panasonic V20, as max suggests. Initial reports suggest the 50-inch V20 is the best TV of 2010 so far.

Why are you worried about the TV sound?? You've got the excellent B&W speakers & Pioneer receiver!

IF you prefer LCDs, it's a minefield out there. I regard Sony as one of the best LCD TV manufacturers. Even Samsung of late is coming up with very nice TVs. Panasonic LCDs......don't have much experience about them.

I suspect you'll go for the Panasonic V20 plasma.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

the 42v20 plasma is the one to go for gel , ask bigboss what he thinks and im confident he,ll agree that according to reviews so far , its the closest tv to the pioneer kuro ever made in terms of performance , and , there seems to be some debate about this , afaik some of the engineers that developed/worked on the kuro , helped to design the v20 , its a very very good tv gel , and one you should defo consider ..

im not sure about the sound , it may not be in the philips league , but theres going to be some compromises somewhere whatever you pick ...
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss:

Loewe TVs are very good, but not value for money. Quality wise, they're better built than the Panasonics & LGs.

If you're looking at plasmas, look at the Panasonic V20, as max suggests. Initial reports suggest the 50-inch V20 is the best TV of 2010 so far.

Why are you worried about the TV sound?? You've got the excellent B&W speakers & Pioneer receiver!

IF you prefer LCDs, it's a minefield out there. I regard Sony as one of the best LCD TV manufacturers. Even Samsung of late is coming up with very nice TVs. Panasonic LCDs......don't have much experience about them.

I suspect you'll go for the Panasonic V20 plasma.
emotion-5.gif

I am just used to having excellent sound from the tv, so i am worried i would miss it, i only use my system for blu rays. But i am starting to think about the panasonics so i think i will go instore and ask to listen to the sound and see what i think
emotion-21.gif

I will let you know how i get on, cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:

the 42v20 plasma is the one to go for gel , ask bigboss what he thinks and im confident he,ll agree that according to reviews so far , its the closest tv to the pioneer kuro ever made in terms of performance , and , there seems to be some debate about this , afaik some of the engineers that developed/worked on the kuro , helped to design the v20 , its a very very good tv gel , and one you should defo consider ..

im not sure about the sound , it may not be in the philips league , but theres going to be some compromises somewhere whatever you pick ...
emotion-21.gif

Max, you are starting to convince me
emotion-1.gif
I am going to demo about 3 of them and see what the sound is like, the freeview tuner, blu ray picture in 3 different shops, i will let you know how i get on.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

im not trying to convinvce you to buy , just to give the v20 a good look over and make your own mind up , bearing in mind that lcds will often look better on a bright shop floor than a plasma , ask the salesman for the remote , change the picture settings a little , these tvs are normally set to "dynamic" mode , change that to "normal" then try "thx" see what you think ...

happy hunting
emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts