Wharfedale Linton vs Elipson Heritage... Anyone heard both?

Kutusov

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I'm thinking of replacing my QAcoustics 3050is with something I feel better with. I was never happy with the Qs and after a lot of upgrades that always improved things a little bit, I don't think I can reasonably squeeze more out of them.

I never heard the Lintons but that can be arranged, there are shops selling them not too far. What I can't audition are the Elipsons. From reviewers that I follow and know how their tastes are, the XLS15s sound about the thing I'm looking for but I'm afraid I might not have the room for them. The XLS11 sound like a much more in line competitor to the Lintons but there's even less information.

I don't think its a the case that less press means less good. Couple of years ago I was very interested in Vincent amps but couldn't find much about them so I got something else. Just a couple of reviews from people that didn't seem to have a lot of experience, so potentially easily impressed with something better than what they had. Since then there are a few more reviews raving about them.

So, if someone heard both and could tell me their impression, that would be greatly appreciated!

daytona600

Last edited:
Reactions: Kutusov

Kutusov

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
I have what I consider to be a pretty decent integrated, it's an Advance Paris A12. Probably not as good as your Elipson pre and power amp but still good. I really hope new speakers don't suddenly make me realize I need a new amp too, the A12 was 2600/2700€ already! :eek:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts