yz543887

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Hi everyone, I’m based in Australia and I’m looking to purchase some speakers for my 3.3x6.9 (m) room, the height of the room is normal and there are two extra connected small rooms that I’d like to fill also with audio if possible, so total dimensions would be something like 5.1x6.9, however these two rooms are doored and closed off so I can compromise and only have audio in the 3.3x6.9 room.
I’ve never had speakers before (only hifi equipment is a pair of focal bathys) so I’m not certain if what I’m looking for is even feasible but I’d like something forgiving in terms of placement and listening position (I’d like to be able to listen from most places in my room), something that is ideal at low (when playing at night) and medium volumes, I’m open to any speaker types and I’d like something accomodating to turntable usage.
I’ve done some research into compact speakers and have come up with a list but would also like more recommendations of speakers that might work in my room, be it bookshelves, floorstanding, etc, thank you.
Here is the list (I’m a newcomer and mainly searched by room size on speakerdecision.com, I’ve not delved into floorstanding speakers yet, so if this form of research is incorrect in any way please feel free to give suggestions).
sonos five stereo
klipsch the nines
qacoustics qactive 200
kef r3 meta
polk r200 50th ae
goldenear brx
buchardt s400mkii
pmc prodigy 1
mission 700 monitor
silver 100
linton heritage
genelec g5
kef ls50 ii wirelesss
sonos era 300 stereo+submini
devialet phantom ii 95db stereo
devialet phantom i 103db

Welcome to the forum, from Blighty!

Your list contains several different types of speaker. So it’s a bit like asking to choose between a VW Golf, a Ducatti motorbike, a Holden sedan and a Range Rover, if you get my drift? They do different things, in different way, but are all means of transport.

You indirectly mention a turntable, but a key question is what do you listen to as a source? By that I mean, radio, a CD player, streaming like Spotify, from your PC or phone, something else….? Are you intending to plug these things in, or use a wireless network or Bluetooth?

Reactions: Al ears
As stated above a whole mish-mash of speakers in your list so suggest you shorten it somewhat.
Obviously the best speakers are going to be those you can actually audition yourself.
Can you get to a dealership?
Question? Do you own an amplifier?

yz543887

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, from Blighty!

Your list contains several different types of speaker. So it’s a bit like asking to choose between a VW Golf, a Ducatti motorbike, a Holden sedan and a Range Rover, if you get my drift? They do different things, in different way, but are all means of transport.

You indirectly mention a turntable, but a key question is what do you listen to as a source? By that I mean, radio, a CD player, streaming like Spotify, from your PC or phone, something else….? Are you intending to plug these things in, or use a wireless network or Bluetooth?
Thank you! I’d probably prefer something wireless that I’ll sometimes connect via cable to a turntable, I’d be streaming through apple music and spotify through my phone, I’m open to acquiring new sources though and hifi apps like tidal as well, but my main worry is fitting something in this specific room size (as I have no previous experience and haven’t developed a standard with speaker size/types and how they might sound in rooms) and being able to listen freely with consistent sound at most places in the room

yz543887

Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
As stated above a whole mish-mash of speakers in your list so suggest you shorten it somewhat.
Obviously the best speakers are going to be those you can actually audition yourself.
Can you get to a dealership?
Question? Do you own an amplifier?
I will look at more reviews and try to shorten it, thanks, I can probably go to a few dealerships around me and audition but I was under the impression that auditions were more so for sound quality and signature, as opposed to how they might sound in a room size like mine. I was also wondering if there was anything obviously bad about the list or anything that might seem super fitting for my scenario do that I could filter/add to it so I could find more fitting options as most dealerships around me only carry a few brands or so.
I do not own an amp but I’d definitely be open to buying one, either now if it’s affordable (maybe sub 1k unless it’s super necessary)or in the future if it’s more pricey

I will look at more reviews and try to shorten it, thanks, I can probably go to a few dealerships around me and audition but I was under the impression that auditions were more so for sound quality and signature, as opposed to how they might sound in a room size like mine. I was also wondering if there was anything obviously bad about the list or anything that might seem super fitting for my scenario do that I could filter/add to it so I could find more fitting options as most dealerships around me only carry a few brands or so.
I do not own an amp but I’d definitely be open to buying one, either now if it’s affordable (maybe sub 1k unless it’s super necessary)or in the future if it’s more pricey
You are going to need an amplifier unless you buy active / powered speaker and a few on your list are not.
Do more research and think about what you really want to achieve would be my suggestion, go speak to a dealership if there is one nearby.
If you only have a turntable then trying to connect that to active speakers can present it's own problems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts